Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

more upbeat thread - desert safari recommendations?

more upbeat thread - desert safari recommendations?

Old Feb 25th 2009, 11:14 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute
Default more upbeat thread - desert safari recommendations?

There - Dubai still has some nice things to do!

Can anyone recommend a particular Tour Operator for a nice desert safari afternoon/evening?

It's not for me, so don't worry about the "no pregnant women" thing.

Preferably one that does the silly dressing up in local garb thing too... I reckon my dad will get a blast from that. Cheesy, I know, but has to be done.

Many thanks!
Old Feb 25th 2009, 11:28 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: more upbeat thread - desert safari recommendations?

I went on one last October, but it was organised through a friend and cannot tell you the actual name/details of the company, but it may have simply been Desert Safaris.

I had a fun time even if the whole package is a bit corny (it was sad to see the litter amongst the dunes). One warning, however: just before the dune bashing part begins, the safaris stop at this complex of small shops that sell drinks and snacks, ostensibly to change the air pressure in the tires, and also to encourage the tourists to buy the aforementioned snacks. I attempted to buy two sodas and a small bag of crisps, and the clerk rang up a bill of 30 AED!

I laughed and told him to get lost and left the store. The clerk, a character worthy of CMOT, ran after me offering the two cans of coke and the crisps for 20 AED.

So, tell your dad to be on the watch for seriously inflated prices.

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty

Can anyone recommend a particular Tour Operator for a nice desert safari afternoon/evening?

Preferably one that does the silly dressing up in local garb thing too... I reckon my dad will get a blast from that. Cheesy, I know, but has to be done.

Many thanks!
Old Feb 25th 2009, 11:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty

Many thanks!
think they are much of a muchness...we've used arabian adventures cos they have a voucher in the entertainer and they are good...

MM, xx
Old Feb 25th 2009, 12:03 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

from what I can see, they all do the same thing, but it's good to know if anyone had any particularly good/bad experiences.

As for my parents, well, even though they stick out like a sore thumb and scream "BRITISH EX-PAT AHOY" , they're not inexperienced when it comes to tourist traps. It'll be fun! lol!
Old Feb 25th 2009, 1:29 pm