Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

More UAE employment-visa paperwork required...

More UAE employment-visa paperwork required...

Old Jan 9th 2018, 6:28 am
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold
Default More UAE employment-visa paperwork required...

Yet another attested document required:
https://www.thenational.ae/uae/gover...isa-s-1.693864

People coming to the UAE to work will need to obtain a "good conduct and behaviour certificate" from their home country.

The requirement will be mandatory from February 4.
Old Jan 9th 2018, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

Made in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud of
Default Re: More UAE employment-visa paperwork required...

So who are you meant to get this certificate from if coming from your home country? Previous employer? The police? Your parents?
"Yes, I can confirm that my daughter went to bed when told to and shared all her toys when she was little".

And you have to get it attested at a Customer Happiness Centre? A contradiction if ever I've seen one.
Old Jan 9th 2018, 7:05 am
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: More UAE employment-visa paperwork required...

Police, I assume. This requirement has been around for some time for some of the higher-level UAE security clearances, for which one needs a ACRO Criminal Records Office check if coming from the UK. They don't say in the newspaper how it will impact getting a job, but I guess it might mean that anyone who has a non-spent criminal conviction in the UK won't be able to work here in any form of job - which is definitely a change (and might see-off a large number of those wide-boy British "financial advisers" who plague this country!!).
It'll be interesting to see how they enforce and interpret it, especially for those people coming from countries with "less developed" criminal record keeping procedures.