British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   More a heads up than a request... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/more-heads-up-than-request-847202/)

TGFKASE Nov 17th 2014 1:00 am

More a heads up than a request...

Well, looks like my employer just cant get shit done without me in the Sandpit.

In the years after my departure from Dubai, I mooched around Asia (Thailand, then Vietnam), I tried setting down roots deep in the heart of Tx, and now it sounds like I could be heading back. However, the only concern I have is this...

Its not Dubai, its Abu Dhabi..

Gonna polish up on my scouring skills and try and find out all the stuff I knew about DXB, but never could be bothered learning about AbDab.

Hello to old friends (MataHari, Inse, Auto, Shiva etc), and Hello to a new possible set covering the AbDab crowd...

All my love, you luvvies

ScotsExpat

:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

Inselaffen Nov 17th 2014 10:21 am

Re: More a heads up than a request...

return of the Sexpest!

see you've forgotten to post stuff like this in the sandpit forum

TGFKASE Nov 17th 2014 12:15 pm

I felt the announcement carried enough importance to merit a place in the ME Forum proper, not among the OT meanderings of the SandPit...

And good to hear from you to, Insey-Winsey...

Inselaffen Nov 18th 2014 5:37 am

the forum ain't what it used to be.

shiva Nov 18th 2014 6:48 am

welcome back, just in time to see the next crash.

Blue Cat Nov 18th 2014 11:21 am

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 11475916)
the forum ain't what it used to be.

I agree, it's a shame but no one posts much these days. Welcome back Scotsexpat :lol:

Inselaffen Nov 18th 2014 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 11476097)
I agree, it's a shame but no one posts much these days. Welcome back Scotsexpat :lol:

Think it went down hill when i left ;)

auh123 Nov 18th 2014 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 11475935)
welcome back, just in time to see the next crash.

LOL

Autonomy Nov 18th 2014 5:08 pm

To echo others - welcome back but yes it is a bit tumbleweed on the bored these days!

TGFKASE Nov 20th 2014 6:10 pm

Its so heartwarming to see olde friends and acquaintances crawling out of the woodwork...

Things are a little up in the air right now, after a certain O&G Co. announcement on Monday (PS. I am employed by the Red side).

In the meantime, I shall endeavour to pop my head round the door every so often and attempt to light the occasional fire to generate the much required sparks necessary to keep you lot posting..!!!

I love you all....:kiss::kiss::kiss:

Ta-Ta..!!!!

typical Nov 25th 2014 5:33 pm

Been in AD off and on the last couple of months. The drivers are even bigger gits than those in Dubai, but AD are (slightly more) honest with their speed limit signs.

Housing seems more of a pain than Dubai.

The bored ain't what it used to be. I hadn't popped in much since leaving Dubai but good characters still lurk.

TGFKASE Nov 29th 2014 7:57 pm

OK, looks like things are almost go.. Waiting on the required paperwork (Salary, housing allowance, car allowance etc). Looking between Karamah and KC as the 2 likely options (feels weird saying I may choose to live in Karamah, just showing my DXB side..!!)

Got Archie (hopefully) setting me up with the AbDab FB crowd...

Pretty much all I can do for now..

KC gets points for proximity to McGettigans, although a little posher than I am used to.. But doubt there is a Jebel Ali club equivalent in AbDab...