Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

More car parking charges in Dubai

More car parking charges in Dubai

Old Mar 31st 2008, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute
Default More car parking charges in Dubai

Just popped out to Ace Hardware on SZR and I see all along the service road we now have ticket parking machines. Still covered with plastic for now but soon it will be 1Dhs for 1 hour and 5Dhs for 2 hours. Onwards and upwards from there. Still cheaper than the UK but yet another stealth tax sadly. Don't get caught out if you are down that way in the next couple of weeks!
Old Mar 31st 2008, 10:19 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: More car parking charges in Dubai

Originally Posted by Border Reiver
Just popped out to Ace Hardware on SZR and I see all along the service road we now have ticket parking machines. Still covered with plastic for now but soon it will be 1Dhs for 1 hour and 5Dhs for 2 hours. Onwards and upwards from there. Still cheaper than the UK but yet another stealth tax sadly. Don't get caught out if you are down that way in the next couple of weeks!
Somebody has to pay for all those fireworks that went up in smoke the other day.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 10:23 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

there was talk a while back that all the Malls would be paid parking too
Old Mar 31st 2008, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, I can see that one coming. Hopefully they will reimburse you if you spend enough in the mall. No need to be homesick, this place is getting more like home everyday!
Old Mar 31st 2008, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

lochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Border Reiver
Oh, I can see that one coming. Hopefully they will reimburse you if you spend enough in the mall. No need to be homesick, this place is getting more like home everyday!
Hardly...1Dh for 1 Hour? try 15Dh per hour which is what I had to pay in Glasgow yesterday.

Daz
Old Mar 31st 2008, 10:31 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lochdaz-of-blantyre
Hardly...1Dh for 1 Hour? try 15Dh per hour which is what I had to pay in Glasgow yesterday.

Daz
and how much was your petrol! I fill my 3L Pajero up for 85 dhs
Old Mar 31st 2008, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

lochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
and how much was your petrol! I fill my 3L Pajero up for 85 dhs
Well we're a few p cheaper than those in the south but we're still up to £1.12 per litre. That 37Dh per gallon to you.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 10:51 am

ScotsExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Well we're a few p cheaper than those in the south but we're still up to £1.12 per litre. That 37Dh per gallon to you.
Gotta admit, first day back in Aberdeen, pulled up to a pump and sat for a coupla mins............... till I realised I was gonna have to pump the petrol myself................ And I forgot to clean my windshield!!!!!!!...lol
Old Mar 31st 2008, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Just got back from the UK and I can't believe how many pound coins I fed into parking machines in the course of two weeks. The novelty of pumping your own petrol also soon wears off.

Sadly I don't think it will take the powers that be in Dubai long to realise that parking is a fairly soft target and once they run out of places to put new machines we will see the charges go up.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 10:54 am

As it should be, it is Scottish oil, after all.....................
Old Mar 31st 2008, 11:01 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by ScotsExpat
As it should be, it is Scottish oil, after all.....................
I don't know how much it is a gallon but 85dhs keeps me going for about three weeks! when I had my golf it was 8 quid to fill it up and it lasted a month
Old Mar 31st 2008, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I don't know how much it is a gallon but 85dhs keeps me going for about three weeks! when I had my golf it was 8 quid to fill it up and it lasted a month
Depends whether your an imperial or an american. if your an imperial its 4.54 litres per gallon otherwise its 3.78.

85dh! That wouldn't get me out the redline on my car!
Old Mar 31st 2008, 11:06 am
BE Enthusiast

jrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to all

How come my Pajero is 107AED......i feel I am being hard done by ;-) Before leaving the UK it was over £50 to fill a small sports car!
Old Mar 31st 2008, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by jrudofsky
How come my Pajero is 107AED......i feel I am being hard done by ;-) Before leaving the UK it was over £50 to fill a small sports car!
My local garage has that pay-in-the-forecourt where you swipe your card...

It always only ever allows you £50 of fuel, which did not fill the tank of my S4..... Hate to think how much it would take now, actually....
Old Mar 31st 2008, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jrudofsky
Your tank size is different. Tanks come in 50-100 litre sizes, e.g. VW touraeg is a HUGE tank. My brother has one and currently costs over £100 per fill up.

Daz

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.