Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Money transfer from Saudi Arabia to UK

Money transfer from Saudi Arabia to UK

Old Feb 5th 2020, 5:28 am
Just Joined

mattson_SA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Money transfer from Saudi Arabia to UK

I am sure this is been asked many times, I have read some previous threads. Can anybody suggest name of company they use for transferring money to UK? I do not want to follow the SAAB bank route, because I believe there don't do a favorable rate. Many thanks in advance :-)
Old Feb 5th 2020, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Money transfer from Saudi Arabia to UK

A couple of compnaies I've used in the past are:
Currency Solutions
Currencies Direct

Both pretty much work in the same way. Opoen an account with them, send them your Saudi Riyals directly from your Saudi Bank. Once it's in their account, you contact them and agree the trade. Obviously this is dependant upon the exchange rate. You can always leave it in their account if you think the rate is about to change in your favour. Once it's agreed, they'll send you the Sterling into your UK account within a couple days. If you use Currencies Direct and it's under a certain limit, you can do most of the trade online.
Old Feb 7th 2020, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

amohamm4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mattson_SA
I am sure this is been asked many times, I have read some previous threads. Can anybody suggest name of company they use for transferring money to UK? I do not want to follow the SAAB bank route, because I believe there don't do a favorable rate. Many thanks in advance :-)

Try Alinma Bank, I used to use them as they had the best rate for a number of years. Not sure if their rate is good now or not.
Old Feb 9th 2020, 7:40 am
Just Joined

mattson_SA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nottmbantam
A couple of compnaies I've used in the past are:
Currency Solutions
Currencies Direct

Both pretty much work in the same way. Opoen an account with them, send them your Saudi Riyals directly from your Saudi Bank. Once it's in their account, you contact them and agree the trade. Obviously this is dependant upon the exchange rate. You can always leave it in their account if you think the rate is about to change in your favour. Once it's agreed, they'll send you the Sterling into your UK account within a couple days. If you use Currencies Direct and it's under a certain limit, you can do most of the trade online.
thanks nottambantam, I guess can use this name for referral too 👏🏻
Old Feb 11th 2020, 3:03 am
IJB
Banned

IJB is an unknown quantity at this point

Depends on the size you plan on transferring but in general Currencies Direct tends to be the best one as far as manoeuvrability and fees are concerned.