Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Missing in Dubai - timmy maccoll, sailor

Missing in Dubai - timmy maccoll, sailor

Old Jun 3rd 2012, 6:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Missing in Dubai - timmy maccoll, sailor

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Being done darling :-)
good lass !
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 6:14 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

It is all over twitter, he has got to be somewhere, there is a phone number for anyone who has any information 050 624 7623
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 6:24 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Can the RN not pull some strings at the Embassy for police stations / hospitals to be checked thoroughly?

Has anyone got a contact at the Embassy for things like this?
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 7:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Can the RN not pull some strings at the Embassy for police stations / hospitals to be checked thoroughly?

Has anyone got a contact at the Embassy for things like this?
On the hospital front, the chief nursing officers are contacting each other (as much as they can) throughout the UAE to check their patients list for anybody admitted who is not accounted for.
I am waiting to hear from a local friend of mine who's husband is in the CID in Dubai to see if I can get anymore info.
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 7:13 am
Just Joined

Cannadine is just really niceCannadine is just really niceCannadine is just really niceCannadine is just really niceCannadine is just really niceCannadine is just really niceCannadine is just really niceCannadine is just really nice

Brilliant! Thanks patsy!

I honestly can't believe the support we have all had from everybody, either in the uk or out in Dubai! It's astonishing!

According to timmys family, the navy have contacted the prisons and hospitals but have been told nobody of his description has turned up. But as someone rightly said earlier on there was a similar case a few years ago and the man did eventually turn up in a hospital
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cannadine
Brilliant! Thanks patsy!

I honestly can't believe the support we have all had from everybody, either in the uk or out in Dubai! It's astonishing!

According to timmys family, the navy have contacted the prisons and hospitals but have been told nobody of his description has turned up. But as someone rightly said earlier on there was a similar case a few years ago and the man did eventually turn up in a hospital
Yes that is what I said.. a nurse recognised him from the description but the hospital had been asked if they had admitted anybody answering that description and they had said NO!!..the Navy need to send somebody to the hospitals with his picture and tour the wards..Official paths do not work so well here :-)
It is really important to get the taxi info and follow up on that. Unless the police are pushed a lot of things don't get done.
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 7:59 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Yes that is what I said.. a nurse recognised him from the description but the hospital had been asked if they had admitted anybody answering that description and they had said NO!!..the Navy need to send somebody to the hospitals with his picture and tour the wards..Official paths do not work so well here :-)
It is really important to get the taxi info and follow up on that. Unless the police are pushed a lot of things don't get done.
spot on
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 8:04 am
Just Joined

Cannadine is just really niceCannadine is just really niceCannadine is just really niceCannadine is just really niceCannadine is just really niceCannadine is just really niceCannadine is just really niceCannadine is just really nice

I agree. The family have a meeting with the police again today, timmys dad is going to let me know what they say. I passed on all the comments and information you guys have given so hopefully they will start doing a proper search of the hospitals and start looking Into the cab firm.
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 8:13 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

I agree. The family have a meeting with the police again today, timmys dad is going to let me know what they say. I passed on all the comments and information you guys have given so hopefully they will start doing a proper search of the hospitals and start looking Into the cab firm.
i just hope that the guys had the sense to bundle him into one of the official taxi's (cream colour with different red/green/blue trims). I know from personal experience of that area that some illegal 'taxi's' are operating. The guys who paid the taxi driver will know, as all the RTA taxi drivers wear the uniform...
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 8:21 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by commander
i just hope that the guys had the sense to bundle him into one of the official taxi's (cream colour with different red/green/blue trims). I know from personal experience of that area that some illegal 'taxi's' are operating. The guys who paid the taxi driver will know, as all the RTA taxi drivers wear the uniform...
Definitely. I know last time I was in Waxy's I ended up in a Land Cruiser to go home. Can't see that being tracked too effectively.

The RTA / Taxi option MUST be a key line to see where he went.

Can't think of anywhere other than Prison / Hospital for a destination if something went wrong.

Have Rock Bottoms been any help in saying anything? If he got in a cab or what state he was in etc?

Any of the other lads he was with have any idea where he was meant to be heading or what kind of cab / private cab he got in?
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 8:49 am
Just Joined

rodders80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all

My name is James Wallace, I used to serve with Timmy Maccoll a few years back. I am writing to you to ask for your help in finding Timmy. I have attached a poster with Timmy's image and description, along with details on whom to contact should you have any information. Those of you living in Dubai could you please hand out or display the poster in and around your compounds. Also if you are somewhat savvy with the inner workings of twitter, please badger as many celebs as you can, and ask them for help spreading the word. As you can imagine Timmy's story has been overshadowed by the Dimond Jubilee celebrations.

Please help us find Timmy!!

For more information on Timmy and what is being done, follow the link to the Bring Timmy Home Facebook site.
http://www.facebook.com/groups/436915686332976/

Image Here
http://t.co/NpkKIpsU

Old Jun 3rd 2012, 8:55 am
Just Joined

The lads put him in a taxi (not sure if it was official... The family are speaking with the police again this morning so hopefully we will find out a bit more) the lads also paid for the taxi in advance and told the cabby to take him back to the ship.

I've just read on a website that if he was run over then the consequences for the driver are so severe that they would have more than likely driven him into the desert and left him there and that it happens a lot.
Surely this can't be true?
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 9:01 am
Account Closed

The lads put him in a taxi (not sure if it was official... The family are speaking with the police again this morning so hopefully we will find out a bit more) the lads also paid for the taxi in advance and told the cabby to take him back to the ship.

I've just read on a website that if he was run over then the consequences for the driver are so severe that they would have more than likely driven him into the desert and left him there and that it happens a lot.
I'm assuming that the Port have said that he didn't check back in through security?

Unlike most things here the Port Rashid security guys were pretty sharp when we went through, and we had the guy on the ship with us, with a letter and all our ID's etc....so they didn't receive him back through security?

Were the other lads far behind him?

Paying for a cab in advance, could have been a private one of the hotel / bars. Could of course be normal too but if he couldn't pay for it then he must have been pretty smashed.

In answer to your question, I've never heard of anything like that happening, but franky; it depends on who ran who over I expect. Let's just keep hoping he's somewhere safe.
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 9:02 am
banned

I wouldn't even begin to go down that route. The guys put him in a taxi..paid for it and told the driver to go to Port Rashid. If the taxi dropped him off at the main entrance to the gate, then he had one hell of a drunken walk to the ship..loads of places to get lost...however OFFICIAL taxi's are allowed in and would have taken him right to the security by the ship.

Again, if a taxi dropped him off at the gate and he was (I'm assuming) mega blotted, they would most likely deny him entry and call the police. That didn't happen, otherwise the police would know about it.

They need to find the taxi driver
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 9:03 am
Just Joined

Well... According to my husband who is currently on board a ship, he knows more than we are being told! ... There was a photo of timmy getting Into an unknown taxi.... So not only did his shipmates leave him on his own, they put him Into an unknown taxi... That for a start is worrying!
He hasnt used his cards or anything since saturday night either.
But on a good note, they have sent more of our sailors over to look for him.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.