Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Missing in Dubai - timmy maccoll, sailor

Missing in Dubai - timmy maccoll, sailor

Old Sep 22nd 2012, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Missing in Dubai - timmy maccoll, sailor

Originally Posted by mikewot
OK guys, enough of the school playground insults. I'm back in UK for my daughters wedding today, I really don't want to have to referee a kiddies bunfight on here. Start acting your ages, not your shoe sizes.
A moderator that goes beyond the call of duty...!

How bizzare
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 3:30 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
Start acting your ages, not your shoe sizes.
Mine matches (European anyway)
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 3:34 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by InLvoe
Gobbyjock, proud of your attitude it seems! Why don't u go and get some! Might loosen u up a bit hunni ;-) Cheers! Seems ive got something in common with flakycow after all then. People like you, such cyberwarriors haha! Pathetic! Ta ta!
OUch - what can say - I`m wounded, yadda, yadda.... oh yeh YAWN!! Seriously you make a bitchy little comment about someone, call them flakey & question whether they might be bipolar knowing what they are going through right now. I challenge you about it because personally I don`t like bullies (and that is exactly how you come across to me- you`re comment was unecessary) and that`s the best you can come up with ??? Obviously I`ve hit a spot, and you know deep down that you are just being rather mean about someone who is not here to defend themselves, otherwise you`d have had a much better comeback than just telling me to "get some". Don`t give it out if you`re not willing to take it sweetheart!
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 3:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
OUch - what can say - I`m wounded, yadda, yadda.... oh yeh YAWN!! Seriously you make a bitchy little comment about someone, call them flakey & question whether they might be bipolar knowing what they are going through right now. I challenge you about it because personally I don`t like bullies (and that is exactly how you come across to me- you`re comment was unecessary) and that`s the best you can come up with ??? Obviously I`ve hit a spot, and you know deep down that you are just being rather mean about someone who is not here to defend themselves, otherwise you`d have had a much better comeback than just telling me to "get some". Don`t give it out if you`re not willing to take it sweetheart!
Why don't you just piss off?
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 3:53 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OleJanx
Why don't you just piss off?
Why should I?
I may be a pain in the arse but I do try to be fair - If I feel I`ve misjudged someone I will put my hand up and admit it, if I`ve made a mistake I will be the first to admit it, but I will also stand up for myself and I will also say if I think something is wrong.
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 4:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Why should I?
I may be a pain in the arse but I do try to be fair - If I feel I`ve misjudged someone I will put my hand up and admit it, if I`ve made a mistake I will be the first to admit it, but I will also stand up for myself and I will also say if I think something is wrong.
I can't be the only one suspecting 'Timmy' had good reason for disappearing, if you were someone close to him. I think I would go under the radar and start another life.
On the more realistic front, it's time the family stop clutching to straws. He isn't coming back, and the family have caused a great deal of upset with their hopeless optimism, and have not made themselves any great friends through their contempt for those in Dubai who have gone out of their way to help, only to be rewarded by snide comments from those in the UK, who have blithely beleived the shit both the Royal Navy have doled out, and the crap from those who don't have a clue about the middle east, but feel that they know better.
How long is it now? Face facts...
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 4:08 pm
Im a woomaaan

I can't be the only one suspecting 'Timmy' had good reason for disappearing, if you were someone close to him. I think I would go under the radar and start another life.
On the more realistic front, it's time the family stop clutching to straws. He isn't coming back, and the family have caused a great deal of upset with their hopeless optimism, and have not made themselves any great friends through their contempt for those in Dubai who have gone out of their way to help, only to be rewarded by snide comments from those in the UK, who have blithely beleived the shit both the Royal Navy have doled out, and the crap from those who don't have a clue about the middle east, but feel that they know better.
How long is it now? Face facts...
Oh I agree with you (well apart from the snidey little comment about what you`d do if I was part of the family - but obviously I`m biased - my hubby however may wholeheartedly agree with you) - see my previous posts, however I would not like to be in the same position as this family and I can understand why they they are hitting out - I may not agree with it but I can understand it. I do feel however that it`s easy to kick someone when they are down - is better to be right or to be kind??

Last edited by gobbyjock; Sep 22nd 2012 at 4:11 pm. Reason: can`t spell for toffee!
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 4:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh I agree with you - see my previous posts, however I would not like to be in the same position as this family and I can understand why they they are hitting out - I may not agree with it but I can understand it. I do feel however that it`s easy to kick someone when they are down - is better to be right or to be kind??
Kindness is a waste of time. It is better to be right, however hard and unpalatable it may be. Sticking your head in the ground only leaves your arse exposed.

Last edited by OleJanx; Sep 22nd 2012 at 4:23 pm.
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 4:15 pm
Im a woomaaan

Kindness is a waste of time. It is better to be right, however hard and unpalatable it my be. Sticking your head in the ground only leaves your arse exposed.
You can still be right and yet have the grace to not kick someone when they are down.
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 4:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You can still be right and yet have the grace to not kick someone when they are down.
Truth hurts. Accept it, and move on. Dwelling on 'maybe' is futile.
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 4:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Theseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond repute

Are you a sociopath?
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 4:27 pm
Im a woomaaan

I think you`ve mistaken me for someone else - I said way back on this thread that I did not think there would be a positive resolution and that the best the family could hope for would be some sort of closure. Unfortunately it doesn`t even look like they will have that.
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 4:27 pm
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Oh for ****sake. Will one of the mods lock this thread.

Any other thread would have been shut a long time ago.

Like I said. If something comes up, we can PM a mod to unlock this. But this has descended into personal attacks and argument baiting.

Time to end it.
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 4:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Theseus
Are you a sociopath?
Yes.
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 6:13 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

If you are behaving like spoilede kids then I have no choice but to close it