Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Missing in Dubai - timmy maccoll, sailor

Missing in Dubai - timmy maccoll, sailor

Old Sep 20th 2012, 11:39 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Missing in Dubai - timmy maccoll, sailor

Now that's an improvement on a boring water cooler!
Old Sep 20th 2012, 11:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
OMG I found someone just a bit freckin' older than me & I love it. Where did the time go!
ok ok..don't sound so bloody happy that I am older than you darling!!
Old Sep 20th 2012, 11:42 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Oh!! Here sweetie.. *patsy hands MP a glass of pink bubbly*

Next year is my big 1.... the big 6 zero
sorry for all the smilies but I don't know how else to describe it!! lol
Ahh I'm a baby of 52. Cheers!

OMG I found someone just a bit freckin' older than me & I love it. Where did the time go!

BEVS hands MoneyPenny and Patsy Stoned a glass of the bestcheap plonk coz she likes 'em quite a bit.
Ahh thanks hon!
Old Sep 20th 2012, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
how lovely is that darling.
Old Sep 20th 2012, 11:50 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Tiz but are you of an 'age'
Old Sep 20th 2012, 11:53 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Tiz but are you of an 'age'

I'm way younger than you lot!!
Old Sep 20th 2012, 11:55 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

So am I in my head.
Old Sep 20th 2012, 12:02 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Never mind. It will get better - with time.
Old Sep 20th 2012, 2:00 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Look I admit when this thread started I felt that some on here were offering help with one hand whilst making some comments that were rather unecessary. I was called out for that, even sneeringly called a squaddies wife, told that my comments and thoughts were stupid. I honestly felt that if anything happened to my hubby next time he`s in Dubai I`d crawl over broken glass before even mentioning it to you lot. You can come across as a pack of rabid wolves at times. I felt a lot of empathy for the wife & family and still do.... but what can`t be denied is that a lot of you have gone out of your way to help- way over and above and I was perhaps rather harsh.
Lets be honest, living anywhere else other than Dubai what could one really do to help other than raise awareness via the internet, the only thing I could physically do was put it on FB and speak to my cousin who lives in Dubai and ask her if she was aware of it or knew anything - she didn`t but to be fair she was on an extended holiday back to the UK.
Now I honestly don`t think a petition will help, I don`t think yellow ribbons will help, I don`t think celebs will help, but I understand that to the family it is important to try and use these tools as a focus, a way of making people think of Timmy & his family. I think the family knows that all these things won`t help either but I think they are clutching at straws, because if they stop all these things they are admitting to themselves and the world that they have given up on Timmy - and that surely would be a greater shame to them, worse than perhaps admitting that you lot were right all along when you said get out here now. Worse even than admitting that if they had come out straight away and pushed they may have had answers.
I do however think the family may have alienated people with the lack of comment and updates, though tbh I`m not sure that they have a lot of info to divulge. Now it`s also fair to say that Joe Bloggs whilst having a sense of involvement through FB etc may have a feeling of entitlement to info - after all we are all nosey buggers at heart but in reality it would be at least be appropriate to update those on the ground who have actually helped (I`m assuming that most of you haven`t been- though I could be wrong on that).
I guess what I`m trying to say is that you lot may be arseholes at times (I quote Commander for that one) I may have pegged you wrong and read the words you wrote whilst forgetting the intent to help that most of you had. This thread was started to raise awareness, gain help and info, it`s done all of that but seems to have lost it`s way. It`s a bloody shame that kids are still missing a dad and a wife is left without answers and we all seem to be able to do now is bicker and take away from the goodwill shown.
( oh gawd you lot are gonna tear me to bits for this waffle but I really felt I had to put it all down)

Last edited by gobbyjock; Sep 20th 2012 at 2:06 pm.
Old Sep 20th 2012, 2:25 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

^^^^^^

So is that a compliment then?
Old Sep 20th 2012, 4:17 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
^^^^^^

So is that a compliment then?
Lets just say I can understand your frustration better.
Old Sep 20th 2012, 4:33 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
Lets just say I can understand your frustration better.
I think your post is spot on.
Old Sep 20th 2012, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

fluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud of

You really are a bunch of f...king upstarts!!!!

My family would never want the help from any of you....and we do not need it!! We are friends with and in daily contact with several ex pats in Dubai..

I have only been commenting on here to keep the awareness going and the thread going.... but enough is enough!

So chink chink birthday girls

Goodbye for good this time

Fluffymoo xx
Old Sep 20th 2012, 9:03 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fluffymoo
You really are a bunch of f...king upstarts!!!!

My family would never want the help from any of you....and we do not need it!! We are friends with and in daily contact with several ex pats in Dubai..

I have only been commenting on here to keep the awareness going and the thread going.... but enough is enough!

So chink chink birthday girls

Goodbye for good this time

Fluffymoo xx
How many times have you left now? I say make it permanent this time..
Old Sep 20th 2012, 9:03 pm