Reload this Page >

Missing in Dubai - timmy maccoll, sailor

Missing in Dubai - timmy maccoll, sailor

Old Jun 3rd 2012, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

outtatouch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Missing in Dubai - timmy maccoll, sailor

Cannadine

If a family member comes to Dubai, I am happy to put them up. I can't imagine what the family is going through.
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 11:17 am
Just Joined

Cannadine is just really niceCannadine is just really niceCannadine is just really niceCannadine is just really niceCannadine is just really niceCannadine is just really niceCannadine is just really niceCannadine is just really nice

Thanks blue cat! I've just seen your post on the Facebook group! I really hope they are sending someone out there soon (family). I'm sure they will be.

I have passed your comment onto the famiy scamp, they are speaking with the police again today so here's hoping they figure out who drove the cab... That's the key in all of this!
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 12:07 pm
Just Joined

Cannadine is just really niceCannadine is just really niceCannadine is just really niceCannadine is just really niceCannadine is just really niceCannadine is just really niceCannadine is just really niceCannadine is just really nice

Thankyou outtatouch! I'm waiting to hear back from them as to what they are doing but will definitely pass your post on.

Is it being covered much over there now guys?
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 12:13 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Cannadine
Thankyou outtatouch! I'm waiting to hear back from them as to what they are doing but will definitely pass your post on.

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae

Can't see anything at a glance on there....maybe see if Meow can get you a lead into them?
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 12:14 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Also nothing at a glance on here; http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-news
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 12:28 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-n...ssing-in-dubai

http://www.7daysindubai.com/Royal-Na...ail/story.html
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 12:31 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

It's a bit odd, several hundred global news stories and gulf news still avoiding it despite one of their chief honchos mentioning it on twitter. Make of that what you will
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 12:33 pm
Account Closed

Had to search for them though eh.

How do you get on the front page...shall we all log comments?
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 2:23 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks blue cat! I've just seen your post on the Facebook group! I really hope they are sending someone out there soon (family). I'm sure they will be.

I have passed your comment onto the famiy scamp, they are speaking with the police again today so here's hoping they figure out who drove the cab... That's the key in all of this!
I am also prepared to put up family if needs be, I have one spare double bedroom
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 3:02 pm
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Had to search for them though eh.

How do you get on the front page...shall we all log comments?
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but from experience – especially as the I know most of the relevant editors – when stories don't appear, it's because the bosses at the media companies have been warned in no uncertain terms not to report on it.

The fact that The National isn't taking this as an opportunity to show up its Dubai-based rival says this goes to a Federal level. Even Arabian Business which sometimes pushes the boundaries hasn't published it.

Let's just hope its because there is an official investigation on going.
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 4:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by auzdafluff
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but from experience – especially as the I know most of the relevant editors – when stories don't appear, it's because the bosses at the media companies have been warned in no uncertain terms not to report on it.

The fact that The National isn't taking this as an opportunity to show up its Dubai-based rival says this goes to a Federal level. Even Arabian Business which sometimes pushes the boundaries hasn't published it.

Let's just hope its because there is an official investigation on going.
It IS on Arabian Business.......... I found it under 'Culture & Society'..........
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 5:04 pm
Account Closed

My Mrs' friend an wife of one of the officers on Westminster (who was on duty at the time) said they are assuming that he is in jail, now trying to locate him.

Cannadine; is this what you're hearing too?
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 5:14 pm
Just Joined

I have heard that but we were told a couple of days ago by the family that they have checked the jails... I have my fingers crossed that he is in one
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 5:16 pm
Account Closed

I have heard that but we were told a couple of days ago by the family that they have checked the jails... I have my fingers crossed that he is in one
Well further to other offers, if any family members need a driver then I'm more than happy to help.
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 7:46 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

I vaguely remember a Brit who was murdered in Dubai about a year or two ago. He'd been staying at the Burj al Arab hotel for a week before his death. His family in the UK was incredulous as he was an unemployed labourer with no money and they couldn't figure out how he'd managed to stay at the Burj or even get to Dubai in the first place. As far as I gather the murder was never resolved. The whole thing stunk of a cover-up of some type. Anyone remember this?

It's not my intent to shift the topic away from Maccoll but as with the above example if you piss off someone with a lot of wasta (especially lots and lots of wasta such as whoever passes for royalty in the UAE) you're in deep ****. I hope for the poor dude that he's still alive in a jail somewhere and it'll get resolved very quickly. The worst case scenario is that Maccoll stopped somewhere in Bur Dubai for another drink or something to eat and accidentally pissed off a UAE royal who beat him to death. It wouldn't be the first time that a UAE royal did something like that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.