Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Mirdif Teenager Killed

Mirdif Teenager Killed

Old Apr 9th 2009, 2:43 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mirdif Teenager Killed

Yeah, but how do you REALLY feel about it, shiv?
Old Apr 9th 2009, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

seraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
Old Apr 9th 2009, 4:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
I know your tongue is in your cheek but a 15 year old kid is dead, how the fuck are we supposed to feel ?

some insensitive posts on this thread
Old Apr 9th 2009, 4:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

seraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry Sandboy. Wasn't thinking.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 6:06 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandboy
I know your tongue is in your cheek but a 15 year old kid is dead, how the fuck are we supposed to feel ?

No offence meant, and I apologise if any was taken. I was referring to Shiva's usual no-nonsense style and his quite correct disdain for local attitudes, not the incident itself. No excuse, but I've had a long week and didn't really consider the context of the discussion. I feel suitably idiotic.

Sorry.

Last edited by littlejimmy; Apr 9th 2009 at 6:17 pm.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

bimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud of

DUBAI // A 15-year-old British girl was killed last night after she was hit by a car in Mirdif.

Police say Charlotte Louis Morgan, a student who was visiting from the UK, died instantly after a 19-year-old Emirati driver hit her with his white Lexus as she was trying to cross a road near Uptown centre.

Police say the victim was crossing a three-lane road and was hit by the car when she reached the third lane. She was not crossing on a pedestrian crossing, police said. A man, believed to be her father or brother was with her at the time of accident.

“The accident happened near Uptown centre in Mirdif when the victim was crossing the road at 6.40pm,” said Lst Lt Hisham Mousa al Essa from the traffic department at Dubai police, who attended the incident.

The Emirati driver, identified as RMSH was driving his father’s car at the time. The man was arrested and is still in custody. He has been referred to the public prosecution and investigations are continuing.

“The investigation is still ongoing to determine exactly what happened,” said Mr al Essa.

Well, I don´t know if I would blame the driver in this case...
Old Apr 9th 2009, 7:52 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bimcnorth
DUBAI // A 15-year-old British girl was killed last night after she was hit by a car in Mirdif.

Police say Charlotte Louis Morgan, a student who was visiting from the UK, died instantly after a 19-year-old Emirati driver hit her with his white Lexus as she was trying to cross a road near Uptown centre.

Police say the victim was crossing a three-lane road and was hit by the car when she reached the third lane. She was not crossing on a pedestrian crossing, police said. A man, believed to be her father or brother was with her at the time of accident.

“The accident happened near Uptown centre in Mirdif when the victim was crossing the road at 6.40pm,” said Lst Lt Hisham Mousa al Essa from the traffic department at Dubai police, who attended the incident.

The Emirati driver, identified as RMSH was driving his father’s car at the time. The man was arrested and is still in custody. He has been referred to the public prosecution and investigations are continuing.

“The investigation is still ongoing to determine exactly what happened,” said Mr al Essa.

'due care and attention'?
Old Apr 9th 2009, 8:05 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

there IS no crossing at uptown mirdif, if on fot you take your life in your hands, its flashing amber and has been for months, no-one stops as they don;t need to.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 8:44 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with you 100%
Old Apr 9th 2009, 9:02 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I agree with you 100%
Death is just such an emotive topic and we all have rather subjective views on it;subjective rather than insensitive surely......... ain't no one on this forum who doesn't mourn the needless loss of of such a young life.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Eva
Death is just such an emotive topic and we all have rather subjective views on it;subjective rather than insensitive surely......... ain't no one on this forum who doesn't mourn the needless loss of of such a young life.
Well i hope that the so called Dubai spies are reading this one. If you are...take note. These incidents will keep on happening until something is done about this. There are no road safety campaigns whatsoever and the whole fine system is an absolute joke. You can do 250+ kmph on a road and have your car impounded for a month...but thats it. Worst of all you can pay for an early release of your car. Is life valued at all out here?
Old Apr 9th 2009, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

bimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CeeBee
Well i hope that the so called Dubai spies are reading this one. If you are...take note. These incidents will keep on happening until something is done about this. There are no road safety campaigns whatsoever and the whole fine system is an absolute joke. You can do 250+ kmph on a road and have your car impounded for a month...but thats it. Worst of all you can pay for an early release of your car. Is life valued at all out here?
Oh, it is..ask any court that dishes out blood money judgements.

It´s in the west life is considered a gift and hence without intrinsic monetary value..in general that is.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 10:12 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh, it is..ask any court that dishes out blood money judgements.

It´s in the west life is considered a gift and hence without intrinsic monetary value..in general that is.
Yes I think I see where Bimc is coming from with this....
My experience of law and justice in Uk is that those convicted of robbery(of Banks, building societies and premises of considerable wealth), Embezzlement of Coutts, other banks and financial institutions,Insider dealings and major fraud have always been given harsher sentences than those convicted of rape,wife assault, culpable homicide etc etc .Crimes against wealth are regarded more henious than crimes against the person.
Life has always been regarded as a cheaper commodity than a policy to money.....imho.

Last edited by Eva; Apr 9th 2009 at 10:21 pm.
Old Apr 10th 2009, 6:17 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

problem with that theory is, there are only a couple of bits of road in mirdiff with 3 lanes. Both are at a roundabout, so either he came of the roundabout barely in control ie too fast or he was about to enter the roundabout, again barley in control and going too fast. Not uncommon in mirdiff and unfortunately this will happen again until they turn the ****ing traffic lights on that they installed over a year ago and build some sodding speed bumps
Old Apr 10th 2009, 6:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
Yes I think I see where Bimc is coming from with this....
My experience of law and justice in Uk is that those convicted of robbery(of Banks, building societies and premises of considerable wealth), Embezzlement of Coutts, other banks and financial institutions,Insider dealings and major fraud have always been given harsher sentences than those convicted of rape,wife assault, culpable homicide etc etc .Crimes against wealth are regarded more henious than crimes against the person.
Life has always been regarded as a cheaper commodity than a policy to money.....imho.
Well said my sweet..............

I've never understood why, in the UK and elsewhere, crimes involving money (fraud, conversion, etc) are regarded as more 'serious' than crimes against the person.

If I ever develop a criminally-inclined mentality, I'm going to rape schoolgirls - stealing money is waaaay too risky.................

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.