Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Minor Accident- Bahrain (Tricky Situation)

Minor Accident- Bahrain (Tricky Situation)

Old May 30th 2015, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

reading_1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Minor Accident- Bahrain (Tricky Situation)

Hi All,

I am a relatively new driver, and while reversing my car I hit a stationary vehicle. The accident was of a very minor nature and does not warrant any major repair, but some scratches which can be noticeable.

Both my car and the other car was parked at the side of the road before the accident happened. Not a proper parking lot.

There was no one in the car. I waited there for 1 hour but no body turned up. I finally left the scene. I hardly believe that there were CCTV cameras, and I don't think if anyone has noted my car number.

Considering the minor nature of the accident, and because the owner was not present at the scene, I did not report the incident to the police.

Having fled the scene, and going through various websites, it seems like I should have reported the incident to the police. I am really worried if I have done something really wrong .

I had no intention to cover up the accident but being a new driver, I was not sure what I was supposed to do.

Your opinion will be much appreciated.

Regards

Last edited by reading_1979; May 30th 2015 at 6:08 pm.
Old May 31st 2015, 4:43 am
Forum Regular

Bungdit Din is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Minor Accident- Bahrain (Tricky Situation)

Cars out here get dinged/scratched all the time, and if nobody's around, the culprits never own up to it. I really wouldn't worry about it.
Old Jun 1st 2015, 7:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Minor Accident- Bahrain (Tricky Situation)

you could have left a note with your contact details