Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Dubai

Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Dubai

Old Aug 12th 2008, 5:14 am
Forum Regular

amir431974 is a jewel in the roughamir431974 is a jewel in the roughamir431974 is a jewel in the roughamir431974 is a jewel in the roughamir431974 is a jewel in the rough
Default Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Dubai

Hi all,

I had the pleasure of attending the UAE MOFA yesterday and queuing for almost two hours only to be told that 'the rules had changed' and that I couldn't get my marriage cert attested...

I was married in Pakistan and have had the cert stamped by Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Pakistan and by the Pakistan Consulate here in Dubai - I thought the final step was the UAE MOFA stamp before finally then having the document ready to submit for my wife's residence visa application with Tecom/DIC.

I was told by the 'uniformed officer' at UAE MOFA today that I must have the cert attested by the UAE Embassy/Consulate in Pakistan before they will stamp it.

Has anyone successfully had their marriage cert stamped by UAE MOFA with just the stamp form their country's embassy here in the UAE rather than the UAE Embassy in their country?

Thanks.