Reload this Page >

Ministry of Foreign Affairs?

Ministry of Foreign Affairs?

Old Aug 18th 2010, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

lisalou24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ministry of Foreign Affairs?

Hi all

Just a quick question, we have moved from Uk to Dubai, and had birth and mariage certs attested by Foreign and Commonwealth & UAE embassy in UK, but have been told we also need to visit the MOFA here in Dubai too, to get them attested?

Is this correct?

We are all from UK, and UK nationals.

Thanks - also does anyone know what time they are open & close tomorrow?
Old Aug 19th 2010, 5:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ministry of Foreign Affairs?

With this being Ramadan I suspect they wouldn't be open any longer than between 9 and 2:30.

Sorry though, don't know the answer to the question about whether or not you need to get them attested.

Good luck!
Old Aug 19th 2010, 6:09 am
meonline

meonline is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lisalou24
Hi all

Just a quick question, we have moved from Uk to Dubai, and had birth and mariage certs attested by Foreign and Commonwealth & UAE embassy in UK, but have been told we also need to visit the MOFA here in Dubai too, to get them attested?

Is this correct?

Yes, I think you will probably need to get them attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs too. Basically, there must be three stamps on the certificates. We got married overseas so had to get our marriage certificate attested by the Foreign Affairs Ministry where our marriage took place, then by the UAE Embassy in that country, followed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the UAE. We actually had ours done a few days ago. I arrived at the attestation section at 845am and left at 930am. It cost me 150 Dirhams. The process was rather quick as they are working reduced hours because of Ramadan (900am to 12 noon). It was quite an experience as the officials were very eager to get through as many people as possible. At times they were serving two people at the same time.
Old Aug 19th 2010, 6:54 am
Waiting for my epiphany.

Cow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really nice

Originally Posted by lisalou24
Hi all

Is this correct?

Yes you do - I had to get mine done at the start of last year - it's pretty quick and the whole place is a money-printing office - 150 dhs per document I think from memory. Degree certificates etc also need to be done so just take everything you think may need to be done and get it done in one go. It's down by the Pakistan Embassy (easy for cab drivers).

Good luck.

DM
Old Dec 1st 2010, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

mathematist will become famous soon enough

Hello all. Just a few Qs about this topic.

1. Is there only one Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the UAE?

2. I live in Abu Dhabi, can I go the Dubai one assuming it's the only one in the UAE?

3. Is there one in Abu Dhabi?

4. Do I have to go personally or can someone else go on my behalf. Is there any specific ID that needs to be taken?

Many thanks for the above and any other extra info.