Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Minister or SOMEBODY to conduct blessing ceremony!

Minister or SOMEBODY to conduct blessing ceremony!

Old Oct 14th 2008, 4:57 am
Account Closed

Sara1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Minister or SOMEBODY to conduct blessing ceremony!

Hello all,

I am DESPERATELY trying to find a minister/master of cermonies who can conduct a wedding blessing ceremony in Fujairah in March. T

he ceremony is non-religious and not legally binding but should look and feel like the real thing as this will be the "big day" as far as our families are concerned.

We will actually get legally married during our honeymoon a week later.

Can anybody help?!!!
Old Oct 14th 2008, 5:12 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Minister or SOMEBODY to conduct blessing ceremony!

yeah Spugsy will do it
Old Oct 14th 2008, 5:14 am
Account Closed

??????
Old Oct 14th 2008, 5:15 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I assume this 'ceremony' is being held at a hotel? ask them
Old Oct 14th 2008, 5:22 am
Account Closed

I have asked the hotel, they don't have anybody attached to the hotel as this is the first ceremony they will have had there. They are also trying to find somebody who can do it, it's a joint effort at the moment.
Old Oct 14th 2008, 5:24 am
Concierge

http://www.helpinghandsuae.com/Contact.htm

ring Roger, he may well be able to help. It would have to be a very handsome donation though
Old Oct 14th 2008, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

Cry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
http://www.helpinghandsuae.com/Contact.htm

ring Roger, he may well be able to help. It would have to be a very handsome donation though
A friend who is a UAE based UK celebrant reports - I can do it but they must be legally married first!! In the UK you cannot do a wedding blessing before the civil ceremony is done. Happy to put you in touch with her if you want to discuss.
CH
Old Oct 14th 2008, 5:42 am
Account Closed

That would be great, thank you. I know in the UK blessing ceremonies take place after the wedding but as civil blessing ceremonies are completely non-legally binding in the UAE - and as we do not want a religious ceremony - I don't think this rule really applies for us. It really is just for us to have our big day with our family.
Old Oct 14th 2008, 5:45 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

I can do it......
Old Oct 14th 2008, 5:47 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by commander
I can do it......
Are you "trained" or permitted or whatever you need to be to do it?!
Old Oct 14th 2008, 5:48 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Sara1
Are you "trained" or permitted or whatever you need to be to do it?!
what difference does it make? it's a farce if you ask me
Old Oct 14th 2008, 5:52 am
Account Closed

what difference does it make? it's a farce if you ask me
I'm sorry, I remember asking for help not for anybody's opinion. It's hardly our fault that the only way you can get legally married in the UAE is by doing it in church - and we are both atheist so that is not an option at all.
Old Oct 14th 2008, 5:54 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by SaraOHaraToBe
I'm sorry, I remember asking for help not for anybody's opinion. It's hardly our fault that the only way you can get legally married in the UAE is by doing it in church - and we are both atheist so that is not an option at all.
and a blessing is what?
Old Oct 14th 2008, 5:57 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

what qualifications do i need?

I am a retired Royal Naval Officer, surely i can say a few words of meaningless crap that will bring a smile to your assembled guests.

Its all pointless crap anyway as you readily admit..
Old Oct 14th 2008, 5:59 am
Account Closed

and a blessing is what?
Again, I asked for help not for an opinion or to have to justify my decisons to complete strangers. I'm sure I remember discussion forums being a lot friendlier and more helpful than this.

I would be grateful for any help from anybody who has done this themselves.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.