Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Midwife moving to Dubai

Midwife moving to Dubai

Old Aug 8th 2005, 8:48 am
Just Joined

babyfred73 is a jewel in the roughbabyfred73 is a jewel in the roughbabyfred73 is a jewel in the roughbabyfred73 is a jewel in the rough
Default Midwife moving to Dubai

Hello!

I am a British trained midwife currently working in London. My husband has recently been offered a position in Dubai. I am looking for any information about employment in a British style practice or hospital.

I am aware of the American Hospital and the Al Wasl Hospital. Due to the style of maternity care offered at the American Hospital (very medicalised compared to the UK), I would prefer to work in a more midwifery led environment. I have tried to find more about the Al Wasl Hosptial, although there is very limited information on the internet.

Any information that anyone has about the Al Wasl or British based clinics in Dubai, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Old Aug 8th 2005, 9:38 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Midwife moving to Dubai

Originally Posted by babyfred73
Hello!

I am a British trained midwife currently working in London. My husband has recently been offered a position in Dubai. I am looking for any information about employment in a British style practice or hospital.

I am aware of the American Hospital and the Al Wasl Hospital. Due to the style of maternity care offered at the American Hospital (very medicalised compared to the UK), I would prefer to work in a more midwifery led environment. I have tried to find more about the Al Wasl Hosptial, although there is very limited information on the internet.

Any information that anyone has about the Al Wasl or British based clinics in Dubai, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Hello BabyFred and welcome to the forum.

Have a look at post #8 in the following thread:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=262045

That should help you out a bit more. If not, feel free to pick our brains some more.

Cheers,
F.
Old Aug 8th 2005, 11:09 am
Just Joined

babyfred73 is a jewel in the roughbabyfred73 is a jewel in the roughbabyfred73 is a jewel in the roughbabyfred73 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Face81
Hello BabyFred and welcome to the forum.

Have a look at post #8 in the following thread:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=262045

That should help you out a bit more. If not, feel free to pick our brains some more.

Cheers,
F.
Thank you! Will have a look at the thread and see what I can find

Regards,
BF
Old Aug 8th 2005, 11:15 am

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you! Will have a look at the thread and see what I can find

Regards,
BF

The midwives at the American Hospital do not deliver babies, they provide the overall care but the end is down to the Obs.... So I was told a few weeks back when I asked a few Q's about who does what!

Heart
Old Aug 12th 2005, 11:19 am
Just Joined

Thank you for your information. I am currently looking into hospitals in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Hopefully something will come up!
Old Aug 12th 2005, 1:02 pm

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your information. I am currently looking into hospitals in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Hopefully something will come up!

Fingers crossed for you
Old Aug 13th 2005, 6:25 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

Hi BF, just got this map, it lists all hospitals in DXB, see what you think...

http://www.dubaicityguide.com/maps/map6/index.html

MJC
Old Aug 13th 2005, 5:12 pm
Just Joined

Hi MJC!

Thank you very much for the map. It is great and gives me a better idea about where all the hospitals are!

Thanks again!

Last edited by babyfred73; Aug 13th 2005 at 5:24 pm.