Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Middle East's MOT...

Middle East's MOT...

Old Nov 22nd 2004, 9:35 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Middle East's MOT...

I don't know about UAE. But in Doha... after your car 3 years old... you will have to do maintenance check (probably very similar like MOT in the UK). Hubby drive Hyundai Santa Fe... he brought his car for the those check... then you guessed... his car is failed!!! Reason on the certificate... because of a bit of chipped paint near the back bumper... and those stupid guy wrote that as a MAJOR FAILED! :scared:
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 10:11 am
Troublemaker

kristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nice
Default Re: Middle East's MOT...

Originally Posted by novita77
I don't know about UAE. But in Doha... after your car 3 years old... you will have to do maintenance check (probably very similar like MOT in the UK). Hubby drive Hyundai Santa Fe... he brought his car for the those check... then you guessed... his car is failed!!! Reason on the certificate... because of a bit of chipped paint near the back bumper... and those stupid guy wrote that as a MAJOR FAILED! :scared:
Is this some kind of special paint that affects how the car runs?! Or do they have some rule in Doha that cars have to look nice??

I managed to scrape all down the side of my car this morning, but I think it's mostly just paint from the other car that will wash off!!!!!
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 10:14 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kristy
Is this some kind of special paint that affects how the car runs?! Or do they have some rule in Doha that cars have to look nice??

I managed to scrape all down the side of my car this morning, but I think it's mostly just paint from the other car that will wash off!!!!!

(Mental Note to myself: 1.Avoid women drivers in Dubai 2. Put the porsche on hold, get an old GMC)
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 10:17 am
Troublemaker

kristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
(Mental Note to myself: 1.Avoid women drivers in Dubai 2. Put the porsche on hold, get an old GMC)
I feel i should point out that was entirely the other guy's fault for leaving his car in a really stupid place with not enough room to get past.

What you want to watch out for in Dubai and mad 4x4 drivers with blacked out windows.
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 10:19 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

I feel i should point out that was entirely the other guy's fault for leaving his car in a really stupid place with not enough room to get past.

What you want to watch out for in Dubai and mad 4x4 drivers with blacked out windows.
If he left his car in a really stupid place....does that mean the other car was stationary ???
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 10:22 am
Troublemaker

If he left his car in a really stupid place....does that mean the other car was stationary ???
Hmm, ok it was a tricky situation with a 4x4 coming the other way, straight at me, in typical Dubai not-giving-a-shit about anyone else fashion. It was a narrow track round the back of my car park. A car was left sticking out a long way. I moved over a touch too much and caught the parked car.
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 10:26 am
Up in the air

Hmm, ok it was a tricky situation with a 4x4 coming the other way, straight at me, in typical Dubai not-giving-a-shit about anyone else fashion. It was a narrow track round the back of my car park. A car was left sticking out a long way. I moved over a touch too much and caught the parked car.
hhhmmmm..... I see what you mean.. It was clearly his fault.

all joking aside, i hope your ok and not hurt
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 10:28 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey I am woman as well... hubby rely on me when we have a night out at ppl's house. Since I don't drink I become his taxi driver... And I think I drive quite good so far. Only 1 bump when my car 1 years old (hit by taxi from behind)... and another dent near the door... my friend' son hit my car with his car. Mind you he only 3 yrs old!!!
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 10:29 am
semarang

hhhmmmm..... I see what you mean.. It was clearly his fault.

all joking aside, i hope your ok and not hurt
I think if we talk about driving and the like in the middle east will last till hundreds of posts...
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 10:30 am
semarang

Well... hubby really annoyed... because in front of him was run down taxis... and they all passed!!!
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 10:31 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Cars are tested prior to being re-registered - however the test is very basic.

I have the number of the man who does the tests on SZR if anyones interested. Charged 150 AED extra but gaurantees a pass!!
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 10:53 am

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

You will see me coming as I will be the carefull one!! LOL gotta dash
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
Cars are tested prior to being re-registered - however the test is very basic.

I have the number of the man who does the tests on SZR if anyones interested. Charged 150 AED extra but gaurantees a pass!!

Guarantees??!! lol.....

you guys heard the scam where if you fail on tyres - you can hire tyres from sarjah - go back to testing place - pass the test - then go back to sarjah and return the tyres for your old ones and carry oon as normal. Costs about 50dhs
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 1:27 pm
semarang

Originally Posted by kelvynd
Guarantees??!! lol.....

you guys heard the scam where if you fail on tyres - you can hire tyres from sarjah - go back to testing place - pass the test - then go back to sarjah and return the tyres for your old ones and carry oon as normal. Costs about 50dhs
Novita's hubby here ............ Some risky scam if you want to mess with your life. ( I am sure us expats here have more sense). Chipped paints one thing, but I am all for renewing a dodgy tyre!!! How many shredded pieces of rubber do you see on the roads? How many accidents because of a blow out? Mind you, looking at some vehicles on the road, they must have been doing it with the same tyres for years lol!!
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 1:51 pm
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by novita77
Novita's hubby here ............ Some risky scam if you want to mess with your life. ( I am sure us expats here have more sense). Chipped paints one thing, but I am all for renewing a dodgy tyre!!! How many shredded pieces of rubber do you see on the roads? How many accidents because of a blow out? Mind you, looking at some vehicles on the road, they must have been doing it with the same tyres for years lol!!

Hello Novitas hubby

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.