Reload this Page >

Middle East and qualifications for visa

Middle East and qualifications for visa

Old Jul 17th 2017, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

Don63 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Middle East and qualifications for visa

Hi All,

I would welcome any experiences regarding attestation of qualifications for a work permit in the ME, probably Qatar. I have Chartered status with the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS). This was gained some years ago due to existing Chartered status achieved with the Chartered Institute of Building (MCIOB). That was achieved via UK educational training from college and i have the college educational cert confirming my attendance on the course and successful result of the CIOB exams. However, this is not a degree as the route was the "chartered" route. I have a cert of comparability from UK NARIC stating that both MRICS and MCIOB are equivalent of a UK degree. Unfortunately, Saudi Arabia has recently created a policy of not attesting professional membership or fellowship of any Institute which will affect may professions (not just mine) of individuals who are qualified yet elected for an alternative route to a degree as a stepping stone to charted status. So, KSA is a no-no, but what about Qatar or say Oman or do other GCC countries follow suit - it is very frustrating ?
Old Jul 17th 2017, 3:53 pm
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Middle East and qualifications for visa

Qatar also requires an attested degree certificate, but there might be ways around this if your prospective employer, or their sponsor, has enough 'wasta' to circumvent the bureaucracy.

Plenty work for QSs here, arising from an endemic, antiquated, adverserial approach to contracting and a focus on cost at the expense of quality and time. You'll see the results of this approach from the moment you set foot outside the airport.
Old Jul 17th 2017, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

Don63 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks - appreciate the response. The 'wasta' was mentioned with KSA - seems it is throughout GCC.
Old Jul 19th 2017, 5:11 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

We employ people without degrees in the UAE or Qatar etc.

BUT...your joy as a QS / Commercial guy will be with Contractors. The problem isn't visa, it's approval from clients. We're a consultancy and client 99% of the the time won't entertain approving someone without a degree. Contractors don't have that problem.

Good luck.