Reload this Page >

Middle East International School Riyadh‎ -

Middle East International School Riyadh‎ -

Old Oct 24th 2008, 3:44 am
jia
Forum Regular

jia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Middle East International School Riyadh‎ -

can anyone please tell me if they have any idea about Middle East International School Riyadh‎ -i have called the american internation school and the british school in riyadh and they all are full. if you guys know about any other good school where seats are available please let me know. my son is 7 yrs old and will be attending grade 2.please any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Old Oct 24th 2008, 6:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Nic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Middle East International School Riyadh‎ -

Not heard of that one - the only other Western school I've heard of is the Multinational which follows the Australian curriculum. Will ask around tomorrow and see what I can find out.

N
Old Oct 24th 2008, 5:24 pm
Just Joined

Dia78 is an unknown quantity at this point

I wouldnt recommend that school. Middle East International school doesnt have the best rep here. Why dont you try the Advanced Learning School? Not sure that they have places available still but you can try. note that most of the students are royal locals.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 5:31 am
jia
Forum Regular

Thanks so much guys for ur replies. i havnt heard of the advance learning school, could you please tell me what curriculum they follow,my preference is the american or british system as we are familiar with both of them,\
when yo say royal locals does that mean they are no expats childern in that school.appreciate all ur help.
Thanks
Old Oct 25th 2008, 5:40 am
jia
Forum Regular

i just tried to google the advanced learning school but nothing came up ,it would be kind of you if you could giveme their web address or phone # where i can call and get the information.sorry to bother you...
Old Oct 25th 2008, 7:53 am
Just Joined

Dia78 is an unknown quantity at this point

the phone number is 01/2070926. there are a few expat children in the school, but not many. they ask for high fees and are very prestigious here.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Multi National School does follow the Austrialian curriculum , but only up to a certain point, and then kids / parents can choose which syllabus they want to follow - I thik this might be for slightly older kids. Might still be worthwhile giving them a ring. Very mixed and cosmopolitan school by all accounts.
Old Oct 26th 2008, 6:15 am
jia
Forum Regular

Thanks so much for the info,
few more things i need to ask is ,if you know any international schools have any places please let me know, in grade 2
After calling numerous compounds my hubby couldnt find any place, so we are thinking of renting a villa in suleymania near the olaya area ,its outside the compound so i am a bit worried of any schools bus facility. i dont know if schools provide transport like dubai for different areas,
so my next question is how much it will cost to have a driver, can we hire someone locally or do we have to sponscor them, i have no idea how this driver thing will work specially coming from north america and having the though of keeping a driver is very difficult, but we need someone to pick and drop our kids to school.
Also would i be able to go to the malls in the car with the driver or do i have to wait till hubby comes back .
I appreciate all ur help.......
Old Oct 26th 2008, 7:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Nic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond repute

Youcan go to and forth to the malls, or anywhere really with a driver - you sit in the back. Costs vary depending on whether you provide the car or not, and also on whether you provide accommodation. Not sure on the costs - will check with the girls at work later.

School transport is provided by the compounds not by the schools themselves so you will need a driver if living off a compound.
N
Old Oct 26th 2008, 4:18 pm
jia
Forum Regular

we will be providing the car ,like to hire someone for the day time till hubby comes back from work.plz if anyone know how much it cost to have a driver for 8 to 9 hr shift i would be greatful.
Thanks
Old Aug 29th 2009, 2:50 am
Just Joined

yahia999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, as a current 9th grader in MEIS, I would never like anyone else to go through what I've been into; definately the wrong choice. My parents are even now considering moving me to another school. However it is not so bad for youngsters, yet the child will find it hard to communicate with his classmates because of language differences, maybe the opposite is more logical. Sorry i dont have any suggestion but MEIS, just "erase" it from the available schools list.
P.S. That was my first year in the school, and all I got was, if it were on a scale of 1 to 10, 2 scores compared to my previous school, which I thought was 'Easy'
Regards...