Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Meeting people my age!

Meeting people my age!

Old Sep 6th 2007, 1:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Meeting people my age!

Originally Posted by pookie8911
I'm quite open to anything a little older
Don't say that in front of some of these folk lol...

why not start a group on facebook just for dubai? I'm sure you'll get a few weirdos in there that are of a more ancient age like me... but after a couple of weeks you'll find more people keep joining
Old Sep 6th 2007, 1:42 pm
Account Closed

pookie8911 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cham128
Don't say that in front of some of these folk lol...

why not start a group on facebook just for dubai? I'm sure you'll get a few weirdos in there that are of a more ancient age like me... but after a couple of weeks you'll find more people keep joining
Yeh...i get what you're saying...it wasn't quite meant to sound like that!! lol! the thing is, there are tonnes of groups on facebook...just not very many expats in them!
Old Sep 6th 2007, 1:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

...I'm quite open to anything a little older, !
now if it had been a young bloke who had written that I would really have feared for his saftey!!!
These ladies love fresh meat
Old Sep 10th 2007, 4:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute

Hi!

I've lived out in Dubai for the last 3 years, though have been at boarding school in that time, so haven't really had chance to build up a social network...I'm out here until February 08, so am looking to meet some people around my age (im 18 ) who are perhaps in a similar position! Please get in touch!
Hi Pookie you out there, my friend is thinking about coming to Dubai with a 16 year old daughter and perhaps his 18 year old son, what is it like being a teenager in Dubai, ie lifestyle, things to do, acceptance into groups etc

Thanks
Old Sep 10th 2007, 4:49 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeh...i get what you're saying...it wasn't quite meant to sound like that!! lol! the thing is, there are tonnes of groups on facebook...just not very many expats in them!
you serious? I've had a look through as well, and most of them are expats! (I mean seriously look around you, most of the UAE is expat)

Even if by expat you mean 'Western expat' there are still devoted groups - Brits in Dubai is one (though it's not very active at least the 'wall' isn't)
Old Sep 10th 2007, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Paidtoplease
Hi Pookie you out there, my friend is thinking about coming to Dubai with a 16 year old daughter and perhaps his 18 year old son, what is it like being a teenager in Dubai, ie lifestyle, things to do, acceptance into groups etc

Thanks
Thanks to pookie I feel old now lol
Old Sep 10th 2007, 11:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to pookie I feel old now lol
You are Old, just accept it
Old Sep 10th 2007, 12:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

You are Old, just accept it
I just had a conversation at lunch about fragglerock... i got blank stares from the other two guys... i should just accept it and move on
Old Sep 10th 2007, 12:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

I just had a conversation at lunch about fragglerock... i got blank stares from the other two guys... i should just accept it and move on

Cham, they knew what fragglerock was, they just couldn't believe that you were talking about it
Old Sep 10th 2007, 12:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Cham, they knew what fragglerock was, they just couldn't believe that you were talking about it
are you saying there's something wrong with one of the greatest tv shows mankind has ever experienced?
Old Sep 10th 2007, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

are you saying there's something wrong with one of the greatest tv shows mankind has ever experienced?
Point Made I think .....
Old Sep 10th 2007, 12:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Fragglerock???? Fool, everyone knows the best show ever was Bagpuss.
Old Sep 10th 2007, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

oktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
Fragglerock???? Fool, everyone knows the best show ever was Bagpuss.
Capt. Pugwash.... If you please....
Old Sep 10th 2007, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by oktoberon
Capt. Pugwash.... If you please....
who?
Old Sep 10th 2007, 1:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

oktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to behold

who?
Always came on just before The Magic Roundabout... Now that was good...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.