Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Meeting People In Bahrain!

Meeting People In Bahrain!

Old Aug 24th 2012, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

Muncle is just really niceMuncle is just really niceMuncle is just really niceMuncle is just really niceMuncle is just really niceMuncle is just really niceMuncle is just really niceMuncle is just really niceMuncle is just really nice
Default Re: Meeting People In Bahrain!

30th is good for me. JJ's is good bit rowdier and noisier and not ideal if you want to have a conversation imo! Let me know where and when...
Old Aug 24th 2012, 11:44 pm
Just Joined

IndieDarling is an unknown quantity at this point

So far we have JJs, which is fine with me. Muncle, do we have to reserve a table?

Britghtonguy, you've been in Bahrain for awhile, any suggestions?

Old Aug 25th 2012, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

brightonguy is an unknown quantity at this point

JJ's is a great place, but it will be quite hard for us all to hear each other as the live music (which is very good) can get pretty loud. Since this is about meeting and getting to know each other, I thought maybe a place like Trader's Vic at Ritz Carlton Hotel in Seef is a better choice. There is a live music there as well but the place is pretty big and we can sit a bit further than the stage. But I am absolutely fine with JJ's.
Old Aug 25th 2012, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

Muncle is just really niceMuncle is just really niceMuncle is just really niceMuncle is just really niceMuncle is just really niceMuncle is just really niceMuncle is just really niceMuncle is just really niceMuncle is just really nice

I agree with Brighton Guy JJ's is way too loud to have any sort of conversation. Trader Vic's is a good shout, as is The K Lounge in the K Hotel Juffair or Block 338....
Old Aug 25th 2012, 7:17 pm
Just Joined

HertsBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, I'm easy with where ever, never been to Trader Vics or the K Lounge but like Block 338. So whatever the venue I'll be there.
Old Aug 30th 2012, 10:55 am
Just Joined

Hey all,

My flight was delayed by a day, & it's put me behind in my school stuff...so I won't be able to meet on the 30th (I don't have internet yet, which is why this is a bit late, sorry).

I will plan something in the next week or so, but if someone else is willing to organize then I will catch up with everyone next time.

Old Sep 23rd 2012, 5:50 pm
Just Joined

Hey everyone!

So, I'm finally getting settled. I still don't have internet, but that's another story.

Anyone up for JJ's Wed Oct 3rd? We can meet earlier like around 7 or 8 that way it's not too loud for a chat, and if we stay later the live band is pretty good.

Hope to see you there!
E
Old Oct 13th 2012, 3:30 pm
Just Joined

dollarsandcents is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey!

I don't want to hijack this thread (okay, maybe I do a bit...) but I'm going to be in Bahrain for the next two months from next Wednesday. I don't know anyone and have never been before... so I'd love to maybe meet someone to learn the area, things to do, get out and about and meet some people rather than sit in my apartment! I'm accommodated in the Seef district, if that helps...

Any replies appreciated