Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Medical Tests for Obtaining a Residence Permit/Visa

Medical Tests for Obtaining a Residence Permit/Visa

Old Apr 1st 2008, 7:19 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical Tests for Obtaining a Residence Permit/Visa

Originally Posted by Spugsy
sounds like a night out with confucious
he was a perfect gentleman the night I went out with him
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:34 am
Just Joined

bigtima9o.co0 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the help, I was wondering if they ever check for things such as...oh I don't know...THC? Many of my friends have smoked around me and I'm afraid that that might show up and risk the rest of my family getting deported and the like. I'm assuming that they don't check for this, correct?
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:39 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bigtima9o.co0
Thanks for the help, I was wondering if they ever check for things such as...oh I don't know...THC? Many of my friends have smoked around me and I'm afraid that that might show up and risk the rest of my family getting deported and the like. I'm assuming that they don't check for this, correct?
Arabs probably smoke twice as much as British expats so no worries there.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Arabs probably smoke twice as much as British expats so no worries there.
they probably don't have to take blood tests though!
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:55 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

you'll be fine mate, but I'd pack it in a few months before you come just in case, it can stay in your hair and clothes, so remember that.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 7:41 pm
Just Joined

bigtima9o.co0 is an unknown quantity at this point

I move in about 2 and 1/2 months and have only done it a couple times (around 3), do you know if any major companies do hair tests?
Old Apr 1st 2008, 7:48 pm
what 2 do 2 get 4 stars?

Location: Originally Cornwall, 12 years in the Middle East, NSW now
sinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Meow
Not all over 40's have chest x-rays either. The blood test is the only given and the x-ray seems a bit random.
Isn't the chest x-ray a FZ thing - I had to have blood test and xray even as a spouse with Sharjah FZ
Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

In KSA terms, I had to have a blood test which tested for HIV and other STD's ( gonorrhea and syphilis ) plus a chest x ray. These two were required,AFAIK, in order for me to get the work visa.

Company specific - simple health check, hearing and eyesight test, height, weight ,urine test ( mainly for diabetes ).

In terms of the THC stuff, I remember a similar post a few weeks ago, and as spugsy said, best thing is to knock it on the head as soon as, before your tests are due.

My tests were done back in early Feb, even though I'm not due out there tilnext week.

Good luck.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

dramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to all

stays in your system for approx 12 weeks... or so im told
Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:51 pm