Reload this Page >

Medical Test-Bahrain

Medical Test-Bahrain

Old Jun 6th 2014, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

reading_1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical Test-Bahrain

Hi all,

I will shortly be relocating to Bahrain from the UK due to an intra-company transfer.

As a part of the visa application process the HR in our Bahrain office requested a pre-employment medical report. I went to my GP surgery and a report was produced by the doctor within 30 mins with some basic examinations. No x Rays or Blood Tests. The HR is happy with the report and the visa application is currently being processed.

I have no medical history, as far as I am aware. The only thing concerns me is smoking, which I stopped in 2010. I haven't had any X ray tests for ages and I don't know whether it has left any scar in my lungs.

From a review on the internet, I gathered that the authorities in almost all GGC countries consider any scar in lungs as TB and they deport expats without any consideration.

Being a worrying type person, I am considering an X ray from my own pocket for the peace of my mind. Obviously, private medical is not cheap in the UK, and I have received a quote of £150.

Any thoughts on whether I am wasting my money or is it worthwhile going for an X ray report?

The problem is I wouldn't know if there is any problem in my lungs (if I don't do the test) until I arrive in Bahrain

Apologies If I am overcomplicating something which probably does not exist.
Old Jun 6th 2014, 9:06 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical Test-Bahrain

I think the idea that any irregularity at all on your chest X-ray will see you summarily deported is probably bollocks. Plenty of expats are heavy smokers (and were before they came here). More likely you'll be told to get it investigated further, and your residency application will be on hold until a firm diagnosis is reached.

Of course, if there *is* any damage to your lungs, better that you know about it sooner rather than later. I'd pay what it costs to get the X-ray done now.

Last edited by Eeyore; Jun 6th 2014 at 9:08 pm.
Old Jun 8th 2014, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

DubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura aboutDubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura aboutDubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura about

Had a 'medical in Riyadh a few months back for the Iqama process. Did the blood and urine samples and had a chest x-ray. Went into the doctors room for am examination, the doctor asked ' are you sick ?' I replied 'no' He walked out and that was the end of it.
Old Jun 9th 2014, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

Backinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by reading_1979
Hi all,

I will shortly be relocating to Bahrain from the UK due to an intra-company transfer.

As a part of the visa application process the HR in our Bahrain office requested a pre-employment medical report. I went to my GP surgery and a report was produced by the doctor within 30 mins with some basic examinations. No x Rays or Blood Tests. The HR is happy with the report and the visa application is currently being processed.

I have no medical history, as far as I am aware. The only thing concerns me is smoking, which I stopped in 2010. I haven't had any X ray tests for ages and I don't know whether it has left any scar in my lungs.

From a review on the internet, I gathered that the authorities in almost all GGC countries consider any scar in lungs as TB and they deport expats without any consideration.

Being a worrying type person, I am considering an X ray from my own pocket for the peace of my mind. Obviously, private medical is not cheap in the UK, and I have received a quote of £150.

Any thoughts on whether I am wasting my money or is it worthwhile going for an X ray report?

The problem is I wouldn't know if there is any problem in my lungs (if I don't do the test) until I arrive in Bahrain

Apologies If I am overcomplicating something which probably does not exist.
Don't bother wasting your money. Smoking is a national pastime.