Medical Insurance

Old Sep 21st 2009, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

WaqasKhawaja is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical Insurance

Hi all,

How much is medical insurance?
and is it a 12 month contract or can it be broken down monthly?

just trying to sort monthly spending out so need a round about figure and then i will a factor of safety on top

thank you in advance
Old Sep 21st 2009, 7:45 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical Insurance

Originally Posted by WaqasKhawaja
Hi all,

just trying to sort monthly spending out so need a round about figure and then i will a factor of safety on top

thank you in advance

Well, your employer is obliged to provide Health Insurance for you- leastwise in AD anyway.In your scenario, the cover your wife receives will probably extend to you as she will have to sponsor you- providing her salary meets the criteria to do so.Daman is the normal coverage in AD - 5 different levels iirc but basic seems to be pretty much okay for most folks.
Old Sep 21st 2009, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Eva
Well, your employer is obliged to provide Health Insurance for you- leastwise in AD anyway.In your scenario, the cover your wife receives will probably extend to you as she will have to sponsor you- providing her salary meets the criteria to do so.Daman is the normal coverage in AD - 5 different levels iirc but basic seems to be pretty much okay for most folks.
i think the basic salary to sponsor is 10k - if this is not received then if i was to go direct to the medical companies - i would like to know the basic cost for basic cover so i can factor this is - JUST IN CASE!

i mean am i looking at 2k per month??
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 5:53 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

thank you in advance

Personal schemes usually allow for payments to be made monthly, quarterly or annually. The cost will vary widely depending on the level of cover you require and how many people are to be insured. Without some facts it is impossible to give you any idea of cost.

I am an Independent Financial Adviser and arraneg these plans each week. PM me if you'd like more info & I can also send you the podcast of a radio show last week that was all about medical insurance in the UAE.

-
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

basically my wife is getting a job in a hospital in Dubai in which she is being covered by her employer with the medical.

i have yet to find a job yet and intend to when im out there. I would like to factor our monthly expense, the cost of medical insurance for myself. Basic cover would be ok for now as i can budget in a FOS on top. to work out how much our monthly expenses are going to be.

Are these medical insurance contract 12 months - or do they employ a pay as you go system?
I appreciate the replies so far.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 10:51 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

basically my wife is getting a job in a hospital in Dubai in which she is being covered by her employer with the medical.

i have yet to find a job yet and intend to when im out there. I would like to factor our monthly expense, the cost of medical insurance for myself. Basic cover would be ok for now as i can budget in a FOS on top. to work out how much our monthly expenses are going to be.

Are these medical insurance contract 12 months - or do they employ a pay as you go system?
I appreciate the replies so far.
If you pay monthly they are effectively a monthly contract. The cost is fixed until the anniversary.

As I said it is inpossible to give you costs without full info as it varies depending on age, area of cover and selected excess as well as the level of cover in the plan.

-

-
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Meow
If you pay monthly they are effectively a monthly contract. The cost is fixed until the anniversary.

As I said it is inpossible to give you costs without full info as it varies depending on age, area of cover and selected excess as well as the level of cover in the plan.

-

-
Sorry Meow, really busy at work...

what details would you like to me to provide, i'll pm you then if you can provided an estimate cost for basic cover.