British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Medical Insurance (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/medical-insurance-276568/)

lillygirl Jan 10th 2005 5:01 pm

Medical Insurance

Can any of you point me in the best direction to sot out some medical insurance for when I move out??

Am covered for first 45 days, but need something after that. Does anyone have any idea of how much it is likely to cost a month?

Am sure there was a post on this before, but just searched through 22 pages and gave up.

(Nothing on the FAQ's before anyone shouts at me to look there first!)

Thank you

LG

MCA27 Jan 10th 2005 5:21 pm

Re: Medical Insurance

Originally Posted by lillygirl
Can any of you point me in the best direction to sot out some medical insurance for when I move out??

Am covered for first 45 days, but need something after that. Does anyone have any idea of how much it is likely to cost a month?

Am sure there was a post on this before, but just searched through 22 pages and gave up.

(Nothing on the FAQ's before anyone shouts at me to look there first!)

Thank you

LG

Hi Lillygirl

other than the usual suspects like bupa etc, go to www.medibroker.co.uk and fill out the form. they will provide you with a good range of companies at very good rates. they are typically uk companies with global policies.

i found they offered the cheapest insurance policies. a friend of mine also works for lloyds of london and checked out the insurance contract for me. i was a bit unsure as i had not heard of some of the medical insurance companies b4......but he said the contracts were in order.

another good thing is that you can pay in USD, GBP or Eur. As the premiums are fixed, I paid in USD on my credit card which is euro based. as the USD is so weak at the moment, the premiums in euro terms are extremely cheap. the same will be true for gbp.

hope this helps.

Martin

lillygirl Jan 11th 2005 9:57 am

Originally Posted by MCA27
Hi Lillygirl

other than the usual suspects like bupa etc, go to www.medibroker.co.uk and fill out the form. they will provide you with a good range of companies at very good rates. they are typically uk companies with global policies.

i found they offered the cheapest insurance policies. a friend of mine also works for lloyds of london and checked out the insurance contract for me. i was a bit unsure as i had not heard of some of the medical insurance companies b4......but he said the contracts were in order.

another good thing is that you can pay in USD, GBP or Eur. As the premiums are fixed, I paid in USD on my credit card which is euro based. as the USD is so weak at the moment, the premiums in euro terms are extremely cheap. the same will be true for gbp.

hope this helps.

Martin

Thank you Martin!

MCA27 Jan 11th 2005 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by lillygirl
Thank you Martin!

pleasure and thanks for the K. Maybe i'll get that 2nd bar soon (hint hint to those of you who have spare K :p )

Jammy_Dodgers Jan 11th 2005 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by MCA27
pleasure and thanks for the K. Maybe i'll get that 2nd bar soon (hint hint to those of you who have spare K :p )

Whore