Reload this Page >

Medical Clearance for visa - Facts only please

Medical Clearance for visa - Facts only please

Old Apr 20th 2010, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

UK PM 81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Medical Clearance for visa - Facts only please

Folks,

I am getting some conflicting information re medical tests for Dubai residency/employment visa.

For expat professionals working in an office environment the following tests are carried out only.

• HIV and TB Screening X-rays.

(Info referenced from http://www.dohms.gov.ae./MedicalServ...ertificate.htm)

However can someone please let me know if they also screen for HepB? I keep on hearing from certain quarters that this test is undertaken. From the info below it does not seem to apply to professional office workers and is contradictory.

Facts only please.

Thanks in advance.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Medical Fitness Certificate
To protect Dubai population from imported Infectious Diseases all expatriates wishing to work or reside in Dubai, U.A.E must be subjected for some tests. Medical Fitness Services is the Centre for Infectious Diseases Screening and it is a requirement to get your Visa stamped in your Passport.

Rules & Regulations

Any person working as a food handler i.e. Food Industry, Restaurant, Housemaids, etc.
This category-screening package includes: - HIV test. - HBV test. - Chest X-ray.
Interpretation: Positive result of any test will render the individual unfit to work in Dubai, U.A.E.
Same tests will be done for Visa renewal.
Any person with Visa category as a Dependant (Housewives, Fathers, Mothers, etc.)
Only HIV test is required for both New cases and Visa renewal.
Test Interpretation: Positive result of the test will render the individual unfit to work in Dubai, U.A.E.

All other categories
The screening package for new cases is:
HIV
Chest X-ray.

For Visa renewal: Only HIV test is required.
Interpretation: Positive result of the test will render the individual unfit to work in Dubai, U.A.E.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Old Apr 20th 2010, 2:48 pm
Just Joined

Nucmed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medical Clearance for visa - Facts only please

UK PM 81, from the link that you have given, and the quoted text from it, is clear that only if you are working in the food industry, restaurants, housemaids, and I would assume healthcare position you would be required to have HBV test both for initial visa and for visa renewal. For all other worker categories, as noted is only HIV and chest X-rays for TB clearance.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 3:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't handle food (other than personal consumption and the occasional ham shank) and I WAS tested for Hep B.
Old Apr 21st 2010, 7:36 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brains1983
I don't handle food (other than personal consumption and the occasional ham shank) and I WAS tested for Hep B.
Portnoy's complaint?
Old Apr 21st 2010, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes Hep B is tested for when you have a medical for residency. I am a HR Manager in a large firm and we had an instance when the wife of the VP had Hep B, she was tested and refused entry to Dubai.
Old Apr 21st 2010, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

UK PM 81 is an unknown quantity at this point

So the website is misleading?

I am finding out from other individuals in Dxb that only TB and HIV are checked? Surely you need to go with the official website?

Still do not have a definitive/official answer. Does it differ from each medical centre in each state, i.e. some do a more thorough test than others.

I would say phoning up the Dubai Health Ministry would help but speaking to any native over there is about as useful as a chocolate fireguard.
Old Apr 21st 2010, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Bonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by UK PM 81

I am finding out from other individuals in Dxb that only TB and HIV are checked? Surely you need to go with the official website?

Still do not have a definitive/official answer. Does it differ from each medical centre in each state, i.e. some do a more thorough test than others.

I would say phoning up the Dubai Health Ministry would help but speaking to any native over there is about as useful as a chocolate fireguard.
Facts are thin on the ground in this part of the world. Contradictions abound.

Remember, the UAE is a patriarchal, theocratic dictatorship with a modern veneer.

I wouldn't go with the 'official' anything in this part of the world.

Assume you get the Hep B test and plan accordingly.
Old Apr 21st 2010, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Portnoy's complaint?
I had to google that;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portnoy's_Complaint

Still don't really get it

edit;
oh wait I do ""caused the title to become a sort of shorthand for any form of sexual malaise or activity""

Wheres that blondes question thread again?

Last edited by Brains1983; Apr 21st 2010 at 10:13 am.
Old Apr 21st 2010, 10:52 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brains1983
I had to google that;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portnoy's_Complaint

Still don't really get it

edit;
oh wait I do ""caused the title to become a sort of shorthand for any form of sexual malaise or activity""

Wheres that blondes question thread again?
No, I was being a bit more obscure. You said you only handled meat when ham shanking--Portnoy, if I remember correctly, shanked into a piece of liver.
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 5:10 am
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UK PM 81

...or as useful as tits on a fish.
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 5:17 am
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by Bijilo123
...or as useful as tits on a fish.
Purely gratuitous trout pout pic:

Medical Clearance for visa - Facts only please-trout-pout.jpg