British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   medical centre in Abu Dhabi (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/medical-centre-abu-dhabi-609585/)

commander May 17th 2009 9:53 am

medical centre in Abu Dhabi

For my company life insurance i need to go for a medical (well basically a blood test)

Is there a clinic in AD that does this 'while you wait'

My collegue done the same in DXB and got his report back in 3 hours?

Busybee...earn your stripes...

seraphnina May 17th 2009 10:56 am

Re: medical centre in Abu Dhabi

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7578812)
For my company life insurance i need to go for a medical (well basically a blood test)

Is there a clinic in AD that does this 'while you wait'

My collegue done the same in DXB and got his report back in 3 hours?

Busybee...earn your stripes...

I did a blood test at Al Noor but that was about 2-3 years ago.

commander May 17th 2009 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by seraphnina (Post 7578968)
I did a blood test at Al Noor but that was about 2-3 years ago.

well youll be due another one soon, providing the 1st one was negative:D

i know i can go to al noor, or Gulf clinic on 30st.

I really want one that i can go into and get the results on the same day. I know the emirates hospital on Jumeirah in DXB they have the results and the certificate in 3 hours.

thats what i want in AD, but i think a trip to DXB is required...

busybee2 May 17th 2009 12:17 pm

ok if this is for the visa they have recently just changed the rules, before hand you could go to al noor etc and get it done and then go back next day for results, now they have decided that in ad the only place is up at skmc complex, you know the building on 11th SEHA etc, the one to the right is where you now go for your bloods etc. best to go early, they have a boys and girls separate q's i believe, i havent been yet as i still have a few more years on my visa before i need to venture there.

seraphnina May 17th 2009 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7579239)
well youll be due another one soon, providing the 1st one was negative:D

i know i can go to al noor, or Gulf clinic on 30st.

I really want one that i can go into and get the results on the same day. I know the emirates hospital on Jumeirah in DXB they have the results and the certificate in 3 hours.

thats what i want in AD, but i think a trip to DXB is required..

All done and good :thumbsup:

commander May 17th 2009 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by busybee2 (Post 7579249)
ok if this is for the visa they have recently just changed the rules, before hand you could go to al noor etc and get it done and then go back next day for results, now they have decided that in ad the only place is up at skmc complex, you know the building on 11th SEHA etc, the one to the right is where you now go for your bloods etc. best to go early, they have a boys and girls separate q's i believe, i havent been yet as i still have a few more years on my visa before i need to venture there.

its nothing to do with my visa. my company is a singapore company and their life assurance policy for me requries that i undergo a medical..

ill go to Dubai, its tried and tested...just like myself..

busybee2 May 17th 2009 1:39 pm

right when my son needed to have his visa redone, they required a certificate from the med insurance to say that we had it before they did the visa, is that what is required, he didnt need a medical, but then perhaps thats because he is a child and isnt required, is that the thing you are needing?

commander May 17th 2009 4:03 pm

Jeesus wept...I need to have an aids test and a certificate from a doctor stating I don't have shite for blood (copyright trainspotting).

That's why I can't be arsed going to a visa place..

I need it done, results and couriered to singapore in 6 days

Blue Cat May 17th 2009 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7579659)
Jeesus wept...I need to have an aids test and a certificate from a doctor stating I don't have shite for blood (copyright trainspotting).

That's why I can't be arsed going to a visa place..

I need it done, results and couriered to singapore in 6 days

you GP can do it, same day if you pay extra :)

busybee2 May 17th 2009 4:45 pm

then yes just go to a doc, gulf diagnostic or if you dont like them any of the other hospitals lifeline, new al noor, life diagnostic etc.

commander May 17th 2009 4:49 pm

Cool. Gotta take my passport for the old 'gay disease' test eh?

outtatouch May 17th 2009 9:32 pm

emirates franco hospital on corniche