British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Medical In AD (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/medical-ad-690336/)

orlan Oct 20th 2010 1:35 pm

Medical In AD

Yes, it is me the stupid newbie again. Things are moving on the job front. Just wondered how you felt about the medical in AD. I have full medical cover provided so cost is not an issue. Would you becomfortable being ill or having to have an operation in AD.
Probably a couple of even more silly posts to come from me. Probably guilty of trying to get as much info before I say yes to the position

Roadking Oct 20th 2010 2:54 pm

Re: Medical In AD

Originally Posted by orlan (Post 8931062)
Yes, it is me the stupid newbie again. Things are moving on the job front. Just wondered how you felt about the medical in AD. I have full medical cover provided so cost is not an issue. Would you becomfortable being ill or having to have an operation in AD.
Probably a couple of even more silly posts to come from me. Probably guilty of trying to get as much info before I say yes to the position

Don't think I'd be comfortable being ill or having an operation anywhere in the world.

However, if you are alluding to the quality of healthcare, general care is good. Most people I know prefer to go home for anything that involves a knife though.

Blue Cat Oct 20th 2010 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by Roadking (Post 8931189)
Don't think I'd be comfortable being ill or having an operation anywhere in the world.

However, if you are alluding to the quality of healthcare, general care is good. Most people I know prefer to go home for anything that involves a knife though.

not always, I had a c section in the government hospital in Dubai and my husband had a thyroidectomy at the American Hospital. No problems whatsoever.

soukie Oct 20th 2010 3:26 pm

Personally I think the health care is better in UAE - several of my friends have had ops and I had one of my children in a government hospital in Abu Dhabi and you could fault it.

Millhouse Oct 20th 2010 4:36 pm

for routine ops the UAE is fine. Go home if it gets tricky.

orlan Oct 20th 2010 5:46 pm

Thank you. Sounds encouraging

soukie Oct 20th 2010 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by soukie (Post 8931247)
Personally I think the health care is better in UAE - several of my friends have had ops and I had one of my children in a government hospital in Abu Dhabi and you could fault it.

Should have said could not fault it!

orlan Oct 20th 2010 7:33 pm

Yes Soukie, I undertood it to be so.

busybee2 Oct 21st 2010 4:55 am

its fine, somethings docs will tell you that best to go home, for eg anything to do with bowel is better done in london so i have been told.

Millhouse Oct 21st 2010 5:10 am

Originally Posted by busybee2 (Post 8932551)
its fine, somethings docs will tell you that best to go home, for eg anything to do with bowel is better done in london so i have been told.

oh, that's shit

busybee2 Oct 21st 2010 6:15 am

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse (Post 8932573)
oh, that's shit

hahahaha very funny, unless you have problems in that particular area :rofl: