Medical

Old Feb 20th 2008, 5:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Live for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud of
Default Medical

Went for the so called medical this morning way way out, good job someone took me, anyway I reckon there were at least 300 there I was no 247 and arrived at 9.00am, talk about pulling rank, the guy who took me dressed in one of those white gowns with a table cloth on his head, pushed his way to the front of the queue, handed the paperwork over and got no 247, he disappeared into the office then 10 minutes later blood was taken, was told to make an appointment to come back for xray, off he went back into the office and 5 minutes later shirt off (and not a pretty site) and xray taken, back in the car all done in less than 45 mins. Could not believe it.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 5:32 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical

Originally Posted by lookinatdubai
Went for the so called medical this morning way way out, good job someone took me, anyway I reckon there were at least 300 there I was no 247 and arrived at 9.00am, talk about pulling rank, the guy who took me dressed in one of those white gowns with a table cloth on his head, pushed his way to the front of the queue, handed the paperwork over and got no 247, he disappeared into the office then 10 minutes later blood was taken, was told to make an appointment to come back for xray, off he went back into the office and 5 minutes later shirt off (and not a pretty site) and xray taken, back in the car all done in less than 45 mins. Could not believe it.
moral of the story is ...

always remember your tea towel and welcome to Dubai
Old Feb 20th 2008, 5:34 pm
W10

[QUOTE=lookinatdubai;5960016]guy who took me dressed in one of those white gowns with a table cloth on his head, QUOTE]

Nice

Old Feb 20th 2008, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

i find your description of a national very very offending
Old Feb 20th 2008, 5:43 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
i find your description of a national very very offending
You must be jumping to conclusions again
Old Feb 20th 2008, 5:51 pm
W10

Casual racism/stereotyping within days of arriving...

You've got a big future here son

Old Feb 20th 2008, 5:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

its hardly stereotyping thou is it.....

I dont think any offence was intended..

its like going for an indian or a chinky...

i think we have been here before
Old Feb 20th 2008, 6:16 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
its hardly stereotyping thou is it.....

I dont think any offence was intended..

its like going for an indian or a chinky...

i think we have been here before
you got to admit though - unless that was intended as humour I think it was a bit, well, dim / ill thought out... it may well be a valid observation, but the choice of description is interesting...

stereotypes are not linked to the level of offence intended....

anyways, whatever.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Live for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud of

Def no offence intended, I am sorry for any offence whatsoever caused to anyone.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 6:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Def no offence intended, I am sorry for any offence whatsoever caused to anyone.
In fact the gentleman concerned was a lovely fellow, and could not have been more helpful, so yes an intended attempt at northern humour that should have been better thought out.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 6:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

In fact the gentleman concerned was a lovely fellow, and could not have been more helpful, so yes an intended attempt at northern humour that should have been better thought out.
What the others are trying to subtly tell you is "don't come to our next nights out"...Very subtly...
Old Feb 20th 2008, 6:30 pm
W10

I thought you pounced on anything that breathed?

Old Feb 20th 2008, 6:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Who are you replying to???
Old Feb 20th 2008, 6:35 pm
Pog mo thoin

Miss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
What the others are trying to subtly tell you is "don't come to our next nights out"...Very subtly...
The poor guy will probably take you seriously!!!

Anyway lookinatdubai ... 247 people in the queue? ... yikes ... where did you go?
Old Feb 20th 2008, 6:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Miss Eck
The poor guy will probably take you seriously!!!

Anyway lookinatdubai ... 247 people in the queue? ... yikes ... where did you go?
My avatar never smiles or laughs...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.