Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Media work in Dubai

Media work in Dubai

Old Feb 27th 2005, 7:57 am
Just Joined

kathyd has a brilliant futurekathyd has a brilliant futurekathyd has a brilliant futurekathyd has a brilliant futurekathyd has a brilliant futurekathyd has a brilliant future
Default Media work in Dubai

Hi ,
I am new to this board and have been chating on some other boards and getting info .
I read in the gulf news that there is a new studio city going up in Dubai in 2006 .
My husband is a TV Cameraman for BBC and we are interesting in making some contacts with media companies .

Does anyone know a good place to start .

Is there a recruitment agency that deals with Media people?

thanks
Old Feb 27th 2005, 8:12 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Media work in Dubai

Originally Posted by kathyd
Hi ,
I am new to this board and have been chating on some other boards and getting info .
I read in the gulf news that there is a new studio city going up in Dubai in 2006 .
My husband is a TV Cameraman for BBC and we are interesting in making some contacts with media companies .

Does anyone know a good place to start .

Is there a recruitment agency that deals with Media people?

thanks
hi kathyd. welcome to the forum. The FAQ threads really do provide ALOT of useful info. Have a butchers thru them and see if they help.

Apart from that, u might want to check out: www.dubaimediacity.com

The studio city will be set up at Dubai Land: www.dubailand.ae and as far as I know, they dont have a website up and running yet.

Hope that helps.
Old Feb 27th 2005, 8:45 am
Just Joined

kathyd has a brilliant futurekathyd has a brilliant futurekathyd has a brilliant futurekathyd has a brilliant futurekathyd has a brilliant futurekathyd has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Face81
hi kathyd. welcome to the forum. The FAQ threads really do provide ALOT of useful info. Have a butchers thru them and see if they help.

Apart from that, u might want to check out: www.dubaimediacity.com

The studio city will be set up at Dubai Land: www.dubailand.ae and as far as I know, they dont have a website up and running yet.

Hope that helps.

thanks very much for that info .
I shall have a good look into it .

kathy
Old Feb 27th 2005, 9:22 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kathyd
thanks very much for that info .
I shall have a good look into it .

kathy
no probs........... enjoy the site and do join us in The Leaky Dhow for a drink.
Old Mar 1st 2005, 4:56 pm
W10

Originally Posted by Face81
no probs........... enjoy the site and do join us in The Leaky Dhow for a drink.
Kathy, you'll need to come out for a holiday and try and set up meetings with the various organisations. It's the best way to go. But I don't think there are a lot of pool cameramen out in Dubai.