Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Meals with a Meaning

Meals with a Meaning

Old Jan 11th 2005, 8:19 am
The Delivery Man...

Nabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud of
Default Re: Meals with a Meaning

Originally Posted by LakesLassie

Eeeech, what a domestic subject! When's the big move Heart? You organised? Let me know if you need a hand with anything.

I wouldn't mind helping too
Old Jan 11th 2005, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

Originally Posted by johnbuoy
Palm or anyone Help!!!

Where can i get some fuel for my Fondue burner ?

The Purple Meths is OK

I desperately need some for a dinner on Wednesday night

Please help, i have tried Choitrams, Spinneys, Ace

Thanking you in Anticipation

Ok, have just managed to get hold of a friend who has regular fondue parties and she told me there was a kitchenware store inside the mall where Spinneys is located in Umm Suqueim. They sell some sort of tins/cans with a jelly like substance. Apparently a bit pricey. They also sell something in Union Co-op but you would need the right container for it. So, your first choice would be to check out the kitchenware store. Sorry, she had no name for it but they should know if you ask. Maybe a call to Moevenpick or the other place you recommended might know.

If you have no luck whatsovever, I still have some gel I brought with me from Switzerland. I could give it to you if you like, just PM me. Good luck.
Old Jan 11th 2005, 9:46 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Palm Tree
Ok, have just managed to get hold of a friend who has regular fondue parties and she told me there was a kitchenware store inside the mall where Spinneys is located in Umm Suqueim. They sell some sort of tins/cans with a jelly like substance. Apparently a bit pricey. They also sell something in Union Co-op but you would need the right container for it. So, your first choice would be to check out the kitchenware store. Sorry, she had no name for it but they should know if you ask. Maybe a call to Moevenpick or the other place you recommended might know.

If you have no luck whatsovever, I still have some gel I brought with me from Switzerland. I could give it to you if you like, just PM me. Good luck.
I have some Napalm left over from when i was in 'Nam
Just say the word and ill drop it over (obviously unlit)
Old Jan 11th 2005, 9:47 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
I have some Napalm left over from when i was in 'Nam
Just say the word and ill drop it over (obviously unlit)
When i say i was in 'Nam i meant chelteNam
Old Jan 11th 2005, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

johnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nice

It's bloody stupid you would think the shop that sells the fondues would have some aswell, the Jelly stuff if more for keeping food warm not Oil Hot.

I will pop into Vantage tonight at Wafi and ask for their source but i then feel compelled to have a or more if it's before 8!!

Thanks for all the idea's, suggestions
Old Jan 11th 2005, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

It's bloody stupid you would think the shop that sells the fondues would have some aswell, the Jelly stuff if more for keeping food warm not Oil Hot.

I will pop into Vantage tonight at Wafi and ask for their source but i then feel compelled to have a or more if it's before 8!!

Thanks for all the idea's, suggestions

Make sure you write it down before you have too many . Have you tried the stuff my friend suggested? She doesn't seem to have a prob with it. I assume it would be similar stuff to what I use and it seems to burn forever. I used spirit in the UK but had a burner which was made for it.
Old Jan 11th 2005, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

johnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nice

The little Fondue Burner is just like a minute frying pan with a defuser on top to control the amount of air getting in and for regulating the flame,
I actually think that the previous tim of fuel i had was called "Fondue Fuel" and came in a Yellow tin similar to Ronson's Lighter fluid in shape.

Nice of you to offer me your Fuel but if the worst comes to the worst i'll just go out for dinner!! Less hassle, no washing up!!
Old Jan 11th 2005, 11:35 am
BE Enthusiast

The little Fondue Burner is just like a minute frying pan with a defuser on top to control the amount of air getting in and for regulating the flame,
I actually think that the previous tim of fuel i had was called "Fondue Fuel" and came in a Yellow tin similar to Ronson's Lighter fluid in shape.

Nice of you to offer me your Fuel but if the worst comes to the worst i'll just go out for dinner!! Less hassle, no washing up!!

Good I am not a man, that fuel could get missinterpreted. Always happy to help out.