Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Meals with a Meaning

Meals with a Meaning

Old Jan 10th 2005, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

johnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nice
Default Meals with a Meaning

Had Supper last night at Don Corleone, Metropolitan, Shl Zayed Rd and was pleasently surprised at the quality, presentation and service, recommend it to anyone .
Old Jan 10th 2005, 3:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice
Default Re: Meals with a Meaning

Now, this seemed the most interesting thread to catch up on. I was swinging from a watery mouth to feeling sick backwards and forwards. Not sure how I am feeling right now, probably glad, I had my dinner already and it didn't come back up.

I also love chocolates and never get tired of Iranian, Italian and Mexican food. Every country has some dishes which I cannot resist.

I also love Raclette and any kind of Fondue (Sorry, for the cheese Novi). Couldn't live without Roesti and Bratwurst, Czech potato dumplings with cabbage, fried onion and cured ham. Well, the list goes on and I hope I didn't make anyone sick.
Old Jan 11th 2005, 5:23 am
BE Enthusiast

johnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nice

Palm

Vantages, Wafi for the Cheese Fondue (AED120 inc bottle of wine for 2)
Totally agree about Bratwurst, Rosti but 12 years in Germany makes you bias,
Metropol on Shk Zayed have a Slovak Chef and he does some nice meals, i had Haxe the other night but boiled not baked and it was divine!! Chunks of pork!! washed down with
Old Jan 11th 2005, 5:31 am
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnbuoy
Palm

Metropol on Shk Zayed have a Slovak Chef and he does some nice meals, i had Haxe the other night but boiled not baked and it was divine!! Chunks of pork!! washed down with

PORK!!!! Yummyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy......really missing the pork.

No pork allowed in Qatar.......shi* I AM in the wrong country eh!!!
Old Jan 11th 2005, 5:57 am
BE Enthusiast

I actually found a source for Proper Pork Scratchings last week!! and if you excuse the pun "I pigged out" but it was great to sit in the Pub watching football, drinking a pint and chewing the fat!!

Last edited by johnbuoy; Jan 11th 2005 at 6:11 am.
Old Jan 11th 2005, 6:20 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

I actually found a source for Proper Pork Scratchings last week!! and if you excuse the pun "I pigged out" but it was great to sit in the Pub watching football, drinking a pint and chewing the fat!!
Spinneys sell em
Old Jan 11th 2005, 6:23 am

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
Spinneys sell em

So do choithrams .... Prefer them to spinneys myself!
Old Jan 11th 2005, 6:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

Palm

Cheers for the tips. Someone had e-mailed me a Slovak menue for December but didn't have time to go and sample. Mind you, with my Czech routes, I can usually keep my taste buds at bay but it is still nice to try someone elses dishes. I am also well stocked with all the Fondue and Raclette gear at home but I know where to go when I run out of ingredients.
Old Jan 11th 2005, 7:18 am
The Delivery Man...

Nabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
So do choithrams .... Prefer them to spinneys myself!

detto!

Spinneys much better
Old Jan 11th 2005, 7:21 am
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nabs
detto!

Spinneys much better
Stop teasing.........................
Old Jan 11th 2005, 7:43 am
The Delivery Man...

Nabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Malteser
Stop teasing.........................

I didn't start yet
Old Jan 11th 2005, 7:48 am

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nabs
detto!

Spinneys much better
I think you misunderstood me Nabs... I prefer choithrams to the others! I only go to spinneys for less than 3 items
Old Jan 11th 2005, 7:49 am
The Delivery Man...

I think you misunderstood me Nabs... I prefer choithrams to the others! I only go to spinneys for less than 3 items

ooops

still rusty

I prefer spinneys
Old Jan 11th 2005, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Palm or anyone Help!!!

Where can i get some fuel for my Fondue burner ?

The Purple Meths is OK

I desperately need some for a dinner on Wednesday night

Please help, i have tried Choitrams, Spinneys, Ace

Thanking you in Anticipation
Old Jan 11th 2005, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

LakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to behold

Me too. But avoid both for fresh fish. Go to co-op or fish shop in Jumeirah for that, or Carrefour if I ABSOLUTELY have to. Couldn't tell you the last time I was in Spinneys as I just don't rate it.

Eeeech, what a domestic subject! When's the big move Heart? You organised? Let me know if you need a hand with anything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.