Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Maternity Benefits in Dubai

Maternity Benefits in Dubai

Old Jul 3rd 2007, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really nice
Default Maternity Benefits in Dubai

I have been reading up on the maternity laws in Dubai, and it states that usually you have to be with a company for a year prior to gaining full maternity benefits from a company.

Do you have to be with the company a year before trying (1 year working + 9 months work/pregnancy), or a year before going on maternity leave (4 months working + 9 months work/pregnancy at the earliest)??
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 10:33 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Maternity Benefits in Dubai

Originally Posted by Robbies
I have been reading up on the maternity laws in Dubai, and it states that usually you have to be with a company for a year prior to gaining full maternity benefits from a company.

Do you have to be with the company a year before trying (1 year working + 9 months work/pregnancy), or a year before going on maternity leave (4 months working + 9 months work/pregnancy at the earliest)??
not 100% sure to be honest with you as I had been working a while when I found out I was pregnant. It is irrelevant really as you only get 45 days leave which I took before the birth anyway as I was knackered all the time!
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 10:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

as far as i know, you just need to have been working there for a year...

MM, xx
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

cant remember what the wifes entitlements are, and she has not been with her company for a year.

I have still to find out how much maternity leave i get when my nipper is born

prob the square root of FA
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 10:54 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
cant remember what the wifes entitlements are, and she has not been with her company for a year.

I have still to find out how much maternity leave i get when my nipper is born

prob the square root of FA
FACT
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really nice

thanks for the info. guess we can clarify with our employer when we arrive... countdown well underway. head to Dubai in 1.5 weeks, then a month in UK, then back to Dubai early Aug..... cannot wait!

Last edited by Robbies; Jul 3rd 2007 at 11:55 am.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 11:51 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Robbies
thanks for the info. guess we can clarify with our employer when we arrive... countdown well underway. head to Dubai from Australia in 1.5 weeks, then a month in UK, then back to Dubai early Aug..... cannot wait!
we look forward to seeing you at one of our nights out. I suggest you don't mention maternity benefits at the interview as you may well find you/your wife won't get the job. A friend of mine was sacked halfway through her pregnancy for no reason whatsoever and I had heard that Emirates Air Hostesses were binned on announcement of their pregnancies.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

Cabin Crew aren't allowed to fly once the pregnancy is confirmed so in the real world they are found ground jobs- here they are booted out. The fact that most of them are single as well complicates things.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 1:20 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Border Reiver
Cabin Crew aren't allowed to fly once the pregnancy is confirmed so in the real world they are found ground jobs- here they are booted out. The fact that most of them are single as well complicates things.
oh dear!!
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

I believe, but I couldn't swear to it, that they can sometimes be rehired once they have had the baby but the baby isn't entitled to any employment perks like health insurance, tickets home etc...
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 2:52 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Border Reiver
I believe, but I couldn't swear to it, that they can sometimes be rehired once they have had the baby but the baby isn't entitled to any employment perks like health insurance, tickets home etc...
I heard they were just binned, straight off! gone! just like that !
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 3:58 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
depends on circumstances and who you know !!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 4th 2007, 4:45 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
that used to be the case, now as the UAE moves into the 19th century, they are begining to come round as i know of a few people who have returned after giving birth.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 5:15 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
that used to be the case, now as the UAE moves into the 19th century, they are begining to come round as i know of a few people who have returned after giving birth.
things are looking up then!