Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Mass gathering in dubai?

Mass gathering in dubai?

Old Oct 9th 2004, 4:59 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Mass gathering in dubai?

Originally Posted by joseph.creative
been looking at that place myself... so any info would be good.

if it is after the start of Nov then am up on SZR round the corner from you but about 5 mins. so can sort out a cab with no problem.

irish village... well why not. Food as well without costing an arm and a leg basically. hoild on why don't we all just go to Vu's then Face can mortgage house and car!!!! lol

am out on 25oct so I am guessin that the start of Nov seels more realistic.

Will have a look at the dates people are about and lets start saying the following Thursday nights?

Say which one in the voting post...
Voting done.

All I know is that the complex has 8 residential buildings- 14 stories each, with a total of 612 flats up for grabs. It is located on Doha Street, just off Junction 1 and will be right opposite Dubai Mall and the Burj Dubai in the future. Etisalat has a reasonably sized office behind the complex.......resembles a giant pink cube.

U can get more details on the complex by checking out their site:
http://www.smehboob.com/portinternational1.html

Pics of the complex under construction:
http://www.smehboob.com/muroojvisual.html

As for all that cab talk........drop it. I will have to insist on picking u up. That wud make the ride to our chosen venue alot more entertaining! No buts, I insist.

Oct 25th......hmmmmmmm........lets give u a realistic overview of the weather that will be waiting to greet u on the day:

Sunrise: 6:22 AM
Sunset: 17:43 PM
Max. Temp: 32 degrees
Min. Temp: 22 degrees
99.9% chance of seeing the sun on the day aswell. hahaha

Hope that helps u out for planning the trip Joe

-Face81
Old Oct 9th 2004, 5:07 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Desert Dweller
Desert Dweller is a state of mind, when I first moved to the Middle East it was Oman and I used to go with the environmental agency into the smallest fishing villages in remote places such as Barr Al Hikkman and stay with the Hikkmani's and teach them not to kill the dolphins and turtles that they caught, that they should throw tham back instead.Since then I used to spend a lot of time in the desert. Then moved to Dubai and worked in repro and production.
In Hong Kong, which means Fragrant Harbour in Cantonese, the closest I get to the desert is Tiramisu.
Interesting read that post of urs was. Tiramisu indeed! Try asking CP about grainy and textured fruit juice and how that reminds her of DXB. LOL

-Face81
Old Oct 9th 2004, 9:35 pm
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

Originally Posted by Face81
Voting done.

All I know is that the complex has 8 residential buildings- 14 stories each, with a total of 612 flats up for grabs. It is located on Doha Street, just off Junction 1 and will be right opposite Dubai Mall and the Burj Dubai in the future. Etisalat has a reasonably sized office behind the complex.......resembles a giant pink cube.

As for all that cab talk........drop it. I will have to insist on picking u up. That wud make the ride to our chosen venue alot more entertaining! No buts, I insist.

Oct 25th......hmmmmmmm........lets give u a realistic overview of the weather that will be waiting to greet u on the day:

-Face81
u make me piss myself laughing as ur a complete f'er!!!

I really do wonder where the hell u get this info from as well!!!

i am pissig myself laughing here u sod!!!

see u on the 26th ish....
Old Oct 9th 2004, 10:13 pm
Simply Brilliant

Cherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Desert Dweller
...and you're crusty on the outside with a cherry or two in the middle?
Or is it just that you're so very sweet!?
so very sweet
Old Oct 9th 2004, 10:18 pm
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

Originally Posted by Cherrypie
so very sweet
i'd say sweet and a massive tease with that avatar!!!
Old Oct 9th 2004, 11:56 pm
Banned

DanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to all

Is it legal to consume alcoholic beverages in Dubai?
Old Oct 10th 2004, 12:16 am
Simply Brilliant

Cherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really nice

Originally Posted by DanMarsden
Is it legal to consume alcoholic beverages in Dubai?
LOL! Yes! Did you imagine they'd all be hiding out in illegal, underground bars.
Old Oct 10th 2004, 12:22 am
Banned

DanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to all

I didn't read the entire thread... sorry.. I thought alcohol was illegal in those countries (Saudi Arabia, etc.)
Old Oct 10th 2004, 12:24 am

philipz is on a distinguished road

Count me in. So which day will it be, the 25th (Monday) or 26th (Tuesday)?
Old Oct 10th 2004, 3:58 am

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

Voting done.

-Face81
Ok, I wont argue about the pick - up! Lol. Giant pink cube, thats different but on the whole the apartments go up to 7 floors as far as I know, though they are still building, its gonna look fab when its doen and I always vowed never to live in an apartment cos thought it was unfair on the kids but we can all change our minds cant we!

Thanks for the links face
Old Oct 10th 2004, 9:09 am
The Oracle

Originally Posted by joseph.creative
u make me piss myself laughing as ur a complete f'er!!!

I really do wonder where the hell u get this info from as well!!!

i am pissig myself laughing here u sod!!!

see u on the 26th ish....
LOL.......hahahaha.....I like 2 keep myself up2date and u already know that i am the editor of the Explorer ! Anything u need to know, just ask.

I know all there is to know about Dubai....i think.

C u on the 26th 'ish'!

-Face81
Old Oct 10th 2004, 9:24 am
The Oracle

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
Ok, I wont argue about the pick - up! Lol. Giant pink cube, thats different but on the whole the apartments go up to 7 floors as far as I know, though they are still building, its gonna look fab when its doen and I always vowed never to live in an apartment cos thought it was unfair on the kids but we can all change our minds cant we!

Thanks for the links face
Good......i will b picking u 2 up at an assigned location when the mission gets a final go ahead from Sergent Joe. lol

Yeah it will look good.....has a very oriental feel to it. Should fit in well in that locale, although construction in the area, ie, for the DIFC, will go on for yonks. So be prepared for that. ur most welcome 4 the links.

-Face81

Last edited by Face81; Oct 10th 2004 at 9:26 am.
Old Oct 10th 2004, 9:38 am

philipz is on a distinguished road

Had an idea that we could go see a movie as it will be Ramadan and the cinemas will definately be quite empty, so we would basically have the theater to ourselves. If there is a large enough crowd, I could try to get us cheaper tickets.
Old Oct 10th 2004, 9:51 am
The Oracle

Originally Posted by philipz
Had an idea that we could go see a movie as it will be Ramadan and the cinemas will definately be quite empty, so we would basically have the theater to ourselves. If there is a large enough crowd, I could try to get us cheaper tickets.
What a brilliant idea ............Joe we should look into this idea too. Wimbledon or some other good movie shud b out then and we cud make it a fun day out.

Will look into upcoming releases....

-Face81
Old Oct 10th 2004, 9:56 am

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

Good......i will b picking u 2 up at an assigned location when the mission gets a final go ahead from Sergent Joe. lol

Yeah it will look good.....has a very oriental feel to it. Should fit in well in that locale, although construction in the area, ie, for the DIFC, will go on for yonks. So be prepared for that. ur most welcome 4 the links.

-Face81
Thanks .... Though I will be on the Al wasl rd, near new spineys till Nov 25 or there abouts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.