Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Martial arts clubs in Dubai

Martial arts clubs in Dubai

Old Jun 4th 2008, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

DaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Martial arts clubs in Dubai

Ei Minna... there are a number of gyms in Dubai that teach Muay Thai and Kickboxing if that's what you're looking for. I can recommend Top Sports gym in Al Barsha and Colosseum gym in Karama. They also have Jeet Kune Do in Colosseum by the way.

Yes you're right about Eskrima. It's all the same actually Arnis/Kali/Eskrima... all Filipino martial arts. The Kali in Safa park doesn't only focus on sticks. They do bare hands, ground fighting and lots of knife! There were around 4-5 guys training, really worth your time if you ask me since it focuses on the combative aspect. I'm sure the workout is good as well since the Guro there is a military instructor. I heard they were also opening a gym in Deira.

I'm sure your injuries will heal up soon. There are a bunch of specialty doctors and masseuse services down the beach road in Jumeira as well so I guess it wouldn't be a problem for you.

Drop me a PM if you'd be interested to train Kali since I'm looking for training partners as well.

Have a safe trip!

DaWarrior
Old Sep 15th 2008, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

Jazz 101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DaWarrior
Ei Minna... there are a number of gyms in Dubai that teach Muay Thai and Kickboxing if that's what you're looking for. I can recommend Top Sports gym in Al Barsha and Colosseum gym in Karama. They also have Jeet Kune Do in Colosseum by the way.

Yes you're right about Eskrima. It's all the same actually Arnis/Kali/Eskrima... all Filipino martial arts. The Kali in Safa park doesn't only focus on sticks. They do bare hands, ground fighting and lots of knife! There were around 4-5 guys training, really worth your time if you ask me since it focuses on the combative aspect. I'm sure the workout is good as well since the Guro there is a military instructor. I heard they were also opening a gym in Deira.

I'm sure your injuries will heal up soon. There are a bunch of specialty doctors and masseuse services down the beach road in Jumeira as well so I guess it wouldn't be a problem for you.

Drop me a PM if you'd be interested to train Kali since I'm looking for training partners as well.

Have a safe trip!

DaWarrior
hey dawarrior,

just checking out a couple of posts on this forum and saw that you take noobs? waiting on a visa at the moment but would love to back into martial arts, or to try a different style at least...are you guys still training?
Old Sep 16th 2008, 2:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

DaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jazz 101
hey dawarrior,

just checking out a couple of posts on this forum and saw that you take noobs? waiting on a visa at the moment but would love to back into martial arts, or to try a different style at least...are you guys still training?
Hey Jazz,

Yes we're still training every Sunday and Wednesday night at the park! Lots of new guys right now so the classes are pretty much enjoyable

Drop me a line when you get to Dubai.

DaWarrior
Old Sep 17th 2008, 8:10 am
Just Joined

Hey Jazz,

Yes we're still training every Sunday and Wednesday night at the park! Lots of new guys right now so the classes are pretty much enjoyable

Drop me a line when you get to Dubai.

DaWarrior
Hey DaWarrior

I'm actually in Dubai at the moment....what time do you guys train at? If I can, I might try and drop by later tonight
Old Sep 18th 2008, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Hey DaWarrior

I'm actually in Dubai at the moment....what time do you guys train at? If I can, I might try and drop by later tonight
Jazz,

Sorry I wasn't able to see your reply at once. We train every Sunday and Wednesday night 8pm-10pm inside Safa Park gate 2, just right in front of the trampoline area. I'll PM you our contact details.

DaWarrior
Old Sep 18th 2008, 10:54 am
Just Joined

Jazz,

Sorry I wasn't able to see your reply at once. We train every Sunday and Wednesday night 8pm-10pm inside Safa Park gate 2, just right in front of the trampoline area. I'll PM you our contact details.

DaWarrior
DaWarrior,

thanks dude...catchya around

J
Old Sep 18th 2008, 1:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold

That's my goal for when I'm there in Nov... not just check out the market etc, but to make sure the capoeira and kali classes are worth going to. one thing I love about where i do both of these in the uk is that we don't train for competition or sport either.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Cham128
That's my goal for when I'm there in Nov... not just check out the market etc, but to make sure the capoeira and kali classes are worth going to. one thing I love about where i do both of these in the uk is that we don't train for competition or sport either.
yo Cham,

that's a good point...do you know if there are any capoeira classes held in Dubai...i'd really like to check that out

J
Old Sep 19th 2008, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold

yo Cham,

that's a good point...do you know if there are any capoeira classes held in Dubai...i'd really like to check that out

J
yeah a group called abada operate in dubai, very martial focused group they're also in the black belt centre and at safa park, I haven't had a chance to see what they're like yet, but its quite a big thing for me to get my capoeira and kali fix every week... not moving to any country that doesn't have both of those
Old Sep 19th 2008, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Cham

I pratice Systema - Im sure there is no classes (but I hopefully want to be proven wrong!!) where I am going to be going to Im going to use my 9yr old son to train. Im in London as well (hopefully only for a few more weeks before i ship out to Kuwait!!)
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 3:35 pm
Just Joined

madsomali is an unknown quantity at this point

Norm, I sent you a PM.

By the way, any of you watching the White Collar Fight Night boxing event on June 6? I think this is already the third installment in Dubai.
Hi DaWarrior,

Could you possibly contact me , as I am new to the forum and cannot post, I want to study martial arts in Dubai, I am in Deira but cannot find any gyms, I am also interested in Filipino Styles, I wanna start getting beat up with sticks,

Cheers
Os
Old Oct 11th 2008, 11:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

We would like to invite you to join the Pekiti-Tirsia Dubai Sicas Famosus FIGHTERS LEAGUE.

For more information, you can email sica.famosus(at)yahoo.com