Reload this Page >

Martial arts clubs in Dubai

Martial arts clubs in Dubai

Old Apr 10th 2008, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

Minna is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Martial arts clubs in Dubai

Hi,

Its looking highly likely i could be moving out to Dubai with work, i am currently in the position of awaiting an offer (know no details yet).

Please could anyone tell me if there is any martial arts clubs in dubai?

Iidealy Muay thai / K1 or karate. Nothing too serious just enjoy keeping fit this way. idea of costs for training 3 times a week would be good.

Just coming back from an injury and would like to continue if i relocate.

Any help would be very welcome.

Thank you
Old Apr 10th 2008, 8:51 pm
what 2 do 2 get 4 stars?

Location: Originally Cornwall, 12 years in the Middle East, NSW now
sinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Martial arts clubs in Dubai

My daughter does Karate after school with Abdul Rahman Al Haddad, Shotokan Japanese Sports Centre in Sharjah, his number is 06 5680160 or 050 6469346 - he does adult classes also during the evening. Even though he's not in Dubai, he might be able to help you find what you are looking for

www.shotokanuae.com

male friend attends his classes and pays around Dhs200 per week I think he said for 2 x 1 hour lessons? have to check with him again to be sure

Old Apr 10th 2008, 10:18 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Minna
Hi,

Its looking highly likely i could be moving out to Dubai with work, i am currently in the position of awaiting an offer (know no details yet).

Please could anyone tell me if there is any martial arts clubs in dubai?

Iidealy Muay thai / K1 or karate. Nothing too serious just enjoy keeping fit this way. idea of costs for training 3 times a week would be good.

Just coming back from an injury and would like to continue if i relocate.

Any help would be very welcome.

Thank you
Meridien Mina Sehayi do Thai Boxing - not been so can't comment on standard.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 11:21 pm

Coxy the Bear is an unknown quantity at this point

There's a Mixed Martial arts Dojo on the Shaikh Zayed Road, but don't kno any details. I used to do JKD but had no luck finding anyone here who does.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 6:10 am
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute

According to the bible (dubai explorer) 4 karate places and then kick boxing and thai boxing all in different areas - do you want numbers now or are you just wanting to know that they are there?
Old Apr 11th 2008, 1:25 pm
Just Joined

Thank you all for taking the time to reply.

Its good to know martial arts clubs exist in dubai, as i would like to continue my sport if i come to dubai.

Need to know my offer before folowing anything up.

I am keen to come to dubai for the experience both work wise and personnel, but need to know that i am not going to struggle to make ends meet. things should become clear next week once in receipt of my offer.

Again thanks for your time.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 9:27 pm
what 2 do 2 get 4 stars?

Location: Originally Cornwall, 12 years in the Middle East, NSW now
sinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck
Old May 30th 2008, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

DaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Minna, were you already able to relocate?

There are a number of gyms and clubs in Dubai that teach Muay Thai and Karate.

Would you be interested in learning Filipino Martial Arts like Pekiti-Tirsia Kali?
Old May 30th 2008, 1:32 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaWarrior
Hi Minna, were you already able to relocate?

There are a number of gyms and clubs in Dubai that teach Muay Thai and Karate.

Would you be interested in learning Filipino Martial Arts like Pekiti-Tirsia Kali?
I've found that most martial arts clubs in Dubai teach the sport stuff that doesn't help in a real fight.

I'd love to learn to Pekiti-Tirsia but despite my other half being Filipino I haven't found anyone willing to teach me. I even brought my own rattan sticks last time I was there...

N.
Old May 30th 2008, 4:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

there is a martial arts club on Al Wasl Road just after the Emirates bank junction.
Old May 30th 2008, 5:06 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

There is a popular karate club in Karama too.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 6:23 am
BE Enthusiast

DaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
I've found that most martial arts clubs in Dubai teach the sport stuff that doesn't help in a real fight.

I'd love to learn to Pekiti-Tirsia but despite my other half being Filipino I haven't found anyone willing to teach me. I even brought my own rattan sticks last time I was there...

N.
I agree with you. Most of these gym clubs mostly teach sports martial arts and doesn't really prepare you for any real life threatening situations.

Have you tried Al Safa Park in Jumeira? There is a Kali group that trains there every Sunday and Wednesday evening. From what I saw, they are doing really hardcore stuff! Training with weapons and ground fighting as well.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 8:06 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaWarrior
I agree with you. Most of these gym clubs mostly teach sports martial arts and doesn't really prepare you for any real life threatening situations.

Have you tried Al Safa Park in Jumeira? There is a Kali group that trains there every Sunday and Wednesday evening. From what I saw, they are doing really hardcore stuff! Training with weapons and ground fighting as well.
Sounds great but I'm now in Abu Dhabi but I may pass by next time I am there and find out if they have one on one sessions or a class in AD.

Cheers!

Norm
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Sounds great but I'm now in Abu Dhabi but I may pass by next time I am there and find out if they have one on one sessions or a class in AD.

Cheers!

Norm
Norm, I sent you a PM.

By the way, any of you watching the White Collar Fight Night boxing event on June 6? I think this is already the third installment in Dubai.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

Hi,

I am interested in taking up any martial art that keeps me fit.

Am i right in thinking it is a form of eskrima, the filipino art of stick fighting, i have never undertook a class in this, though i have seen others train in this style at my club in the uk.

I have trained in K1 kickboxing in the uk for two years and love the fitness element of it. I have done a little thai boxing over in thailand an enjoyed that style also.

I recently took up budo karate, which i think is a variation of the kali type training. No katas just direct and effective karate.

The main problem i have at the moment is my fitness is lacking due to an old injury to the hamstring ( very deep tear encountered while sparring) and a shoulder injury causing me a few problems.

I move out to dubai this Monday and once i can get the injurys sorted will be keen to start training again.

I will be looking for a massusse to address the problems with my leg and shoulder. Went to the doctors here in the uk last friday and was told i did not have any problems. Though i beg to differ from my docs opinion.

Thanks for the response.

Minna

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.