Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Marrying my taxi driver to get a residency visa...

Marrying my taxi driver to get a residency visa...

Old Jan 11th 2012, 12:20 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Marrying my taxi driver to get a residency visa...

tempting offer of course...I'd be the second wife and according to him we'd have a great time and 'love will grow'...

but before I say yes, does anyone have any good info about how to get a residency visa...my company have told me they can't sponsor me. I know I might be able to get a visa if I would work full time, but I don't want to do that, and financially I don't need to as my allowance and part time income would be enough, plus I don't want my daughter to be with the maid 5 days a week etc.
I hear people say that a local can sponsor you, is this actually happening, how would it work, where do I find a local

looks like the soon-to-be-ex might leave Dubai and if that happens, I might have a bit of a problem...
Old Jan 11th 2012, 12:40 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marrying my taxi driver to get a residency visa...

Would your company sponsor you if you paid the costs?
Old Jan 11th 2012, 12:41 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to here things are getting even more tricky...

Not a cheap option - but you could set up as a freelance via Fujeirah Creative City or RAK....

You could then invoice your current employer each month instead of being employed etc as they are being difficult about visa?

Costs approx 20k for year 1 license then another 6k for 3 year visa. Thereafter about 13.5k each year to renew company trade license...

http://www.creativecity.ae/pdf/price...ative-city.pdf
Old Jan 11th 2012, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light

Taxi Driver wouldn't earn enough to get a family visa. I know some people who have friends who can get their companies to sponsor friends if they are stuck.

You could stay on a visit and do the Hatta run once every thirty days
Old Jan 11th 2012, 12:57 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Would your company sponsor you if you paid the costs?
I would have to ask...not sure if it matters but I don't have a contract or a labour card, so it's all a bit 'unofficial'...
Old Jan 11th 2012, 12:58 pm
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Autonomy
Sorry to here things are getting even more tricky...

Not a cheap option - but you could set up as a freelance via Fujeirah Creative City or RAK....

You could then invoice your current employer each month instead of being employed etc as they are being difficult about visa?

Costs approx 20k for year 1 license then another 6k for 3 year visa. Thereafter about 13.5k each year to renew company trade license...

http://www.creativecity.ae/pdf/price...ative-city.pdf
yeah, I have thought about this as well, but it's quite a lot of money to do it this way, not sure if that's doable...
Old Jan 11th 2012, 1:01 pm
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by spartans53
Taxi Driver wouldn't earn enough to get a family visa. I know some people who have friends who can get their companies to sponsor friends if they are stuck.

You could stay on a visit and do the Hatta run once every thirty days
don't think that would be an option, as without a residency visa you can't really do anything, plus it's not just me, I have a daughter as well, and a maid so that would not work as a long time solution.
Old Jan 11th 2012, 1:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

An Emirati taxi driver? I thought they were all Pakistanis or Bangladeshis. You are joking, MH, surely.
Old Jan 11th 2012, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

There are heaps of teachers at institutions of higher learning who are single men (ie gay). One of them might be tempted to change his mind... actually, with the school fees and tickets home, it might end up being quite suitable for both of you.

What does he get in return.... from the picture, you're not old enough or fat enough to be a fag hag but you could try.
Old Jan 11th 2012, 2:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Darling, give me a few days, I might be able to help you.
There are companies that will give you a sponsorship, for a fee usually about 12/15k a year.
The only other problem you may have is your maid..does your DH sponsor her? You will have to transfer sponsorship from him.

Nice to see you back on the Bored darling xxx
Old Jan 12th 2012, 1:00 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to learn of this.
Old Jan 12th 2012, 1:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Debowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really nice

There are also locals in Fujairah and RAK who would agree to sponsor you for a fee, you only have to meet them once and then you have your 2 year residence visa. 5-10 k dirhams I think...They do it for filipinas and other nationalities (C.I.S etc...) These guys, do not ask questions, they take your money and passport and they do your visa, it is all a bit dodgy though.
Old Jan 12th 2012, 2:13 am
Just Joined

Sean_3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MataHari
tempting offer of course...I'd be the second wife and according to him we'd have a great time and 'love will grow'...

Taxi driver surely has the british passport in the hidden agenda
Old Jan 12th 2012, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

maudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant future

check ur email please
Old Jan 12th 2012, 8:58 am
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Darling, give me a few days, I might be able to help you.
There are companies that will give you a sponsorship, for a fee usually about 12/15k a year.
The only other problem you may have is your maid..does your DH sponsor her? You will have to transfer sponsorship from him.

Nice to see you back on the Bored darling xxx
thanks for that, would be interesting to hear more about it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.