Marriage Certificate

Marriage Certificate

Old Sep 18th 2008, 11:31 pm
mxt
Just Joined

mxt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Marriage Certificate

Hi all,

So, all done with everything, then get the news about attestation from country of issue of the marriage certificate for my wife's visa. So we're both US citizens, but were married in India - the Indian consulate here in Chicago will attest the certificate. Does anyone know if the UAE embassy in DC will accept that, or do I need to travel to Delhi to get it done? Hoping to avoid the long trip since we live in the US.

Thanks!
Old Sep 19th 2008, 3:42 am
jia
Forum Regular

jia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Marriage Certificate

what i know from my experience i can tell you, we live in Canada but got married in pakistan ,in our process the pak embassy in toronto said they wont attest it unless it is not sealed by the ministry of foregin affairs in pakistan, so we had to send our marriage and education documents to a relative who did all the work for us back home,its a very time consuming and irritating process but i guess there is no choice...
Old Sep 19th 2008, 4:00 am
mxt
Just Joined

mxt is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks - a bit concerned about sending it to Delhi. But the consulate here has said they can attest it.

My hope is that the UAE embassy in Washington accepts that. Crossing my fingers....
Old Sep 19th 2008, 4:11 am
jia
Forum Regular

jia is an unknown quantity at this point

if the indian embassy in US will attest it then the UAE embassy in US would have no problems, but just to be safe , give them a call and ask them ,
wish you all the best