British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/marriage-certificate-545256/)

jia Jun 26th 2008 4:31 am

MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE

Hi we are coming from Canada to Dubai ,but are stuck with the attestatin of our marriage certificate.the marriage took place in Pakistan , now i called the pak embassy here in Toronto but were told that they dont attest the certificate, i am in Canada for the last 15 yrs no family back home ,cant post the document as they might get lost in the ministry or in the mail.Do we need to have our certificate attested for the family visa.Please share your thoughts as we badly need it.
Thanks in advance

Sam FTQ Jun 26th 2008 5:01 am

Re: MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE

Originally Posted by jia (Post 6504385)
Hi we are coming from Canada to Dubai ,but are stuck with the attestatin of our marriage certificate.the marriage took place in Pakistan , now i called the pak embassy here in Toronto but were told that they dont attest the certificate, i am in Canada for the last 15 yrs no family back home ,cant post the document as they might get lost in the ministry or in the mail.Do we need to have our certificate attested for the family visa.Please share your thoughts as we badly need it.
Thanks in advance

Sorry, but you do need it attested in order to prove that you are married. If you don't trust the postal service, then I am afraid you will have to take a trip to Pakistan...

shakh your bootie Jun 26th 2008 5:05 am

Originally Posted by Sam FTQ (Post 6504417)
Sorry, but you do need it attested in order to prove that you are married. If you don't trust the postal service, then I am afraid you will have to take a trip to Pakistan...

DHL???

Sam FTQ Jun 26th 2008 5:16 am

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 6504426)
DHL???

Well, yeah, but he/she said, "it might get lost in the ministry". You know Pakistan, can you offer any reassurance?

shakh your bootie Jun 26th 2008 5:18 am

Originally Posted by Sam FTQ (Post 6504442)
Well, yeah, but he/she said, "it might get lost in the ministry". You know Pakistan, can you offer any reassurance?

LOL, haven't been since '89.... But to get anything done you gotta cross some palms with silver....;)

twinkle-star Jun 26th 2008 6:17 am

Originally Posted by Sam FTQ (Post 6504417)

we ere married in mexico so does that mean i will have to take a trip back there to get it attested?........:sneaky:
Or is there a mexican embassy here in abu?

Sam FTQ Jun 26th 2008 6:41 am

Originally Posted by twinkle-star (Post 6504531)
we ere married in mexico so does that mean i will have to take a trip back there to get it attested?........:sneaky:

Blimey, I don't know! However, if I were you, I would tell my husband that you have to go back to Mexico to get it attested!

Madam Medusa Jun 26th 2008 7:09 am

Originally Posted by twinkle-star (Post 6504531)

have you still not got your visa sorted out...what are you like!!!

MM, xx

twinkle-star Jun 26th 2008 9:02 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 6504648)
have you still not got your visa sorted out...what are you like!!!

MM, xx

I gave hubby the marrage cert two months ago and he says he has no time to do anything with it! Means another boarder trip end of month!....:frown:

shakh your bootie Jun 26th 2008 9:05 am

Originally Posted by twinkle-star (Post 6504857)
I gave hubby the marrage cert two months ago and he says he has no time to do anything with it! Means another boarder trip end of month!....:frown:

Hey, why get a residence visa if it means a free jolly every 2 months..... Go somewhere nice each time - the Maldives, Rio, Havana...... Spend a shit load on his credit cards each time. Wait'n'see how quick that residence visa conjures itself up...

twinkle-star Jun 26th 2008 9:19 am

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 6504870)
Hey, why get a residence visa if it means a free jolly every 2 months..... Go somewhere nice each time - the Maldives, Rio, Havana...... Spend a shit load on his credit cards each time. Wait'n'see how quick that residence visa conjures itself up...

perhaps i should give it a try......;)

shakh your bootie Jun 26th 2008 9:26 am

Originally Posted by twinkle-star (Post 6504903)
perhaps i should give it a try......;)

I'm starting a new career as a relationship counselor....

Madam Medusa Jun 26th 2008 11:08 am

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 6504921)
I'm starting a new career as a relationship counselor....

god help us all...

MM, xx

n1na Jun 28th 2008 8:56 pm

But what if we got married in the country where there is no UAE embassy (just did not bother to open an embassy so far):mad:...Does anyone know where to attest the marriage certificate? Or where to call in UAE to find out what to do? Thanks for any info...

Eva Jun 28th 2008 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 6505256)
god help us all...

MM, xx

OOh well ....thought SYB and me could make some ground as the most bizarre couple? Tell ya what...lets do it over afternoons in August?
Don't be shy SYB.........