Marina Litter

Old May 14th 2009, 1:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

deemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nice
Default Marina Litter

Moved into the Dubai Marina area a few weeks ago and it's lurvely. Got to love the IRIS!

Anyway im shocked to see the workers working on the infinity building site sweep all the crap for the building site into the water.

I see this everyday and im getting rather flippin irate! The litter is getting worse and worse every day, anyone know who I can complain to?

And i dont mean the building workers as they most probably are told to do this by the knob jockeys who are in charge of the building site.
Old May 14th 2009, 5:18 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marina Litter

Look for some phone numbers on the signage... Tell the developpers you'll report the situation to the authorities, and also call all the professional people listed and inform them too... you may be lucky enough to stumble upon someone who cares (that sounds harsh, but let's face it, this is Dubai) and who'll bring it up in a site meeting.
Old May 15th 2009, 4:28 am
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

deemi- you're wasting your time

It IS an important issue, but those who should make sure it doens't happen, don't even care.
Old May 15th 2009, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

mydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond repute

when i was living across from the marina mall i watched late one night as they were concreting the ground floor slab of a new building and were hosing excess concrete strait into the water of the marina. They were at it for hours, hosing and brushing. There was a very obvious "clean bit" about 5 metres wide across the walkway in the morning.
Old May 15th 2009, 6:46 am
BE Enthusiast

deemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nice

Originally Posted by mydogbitjesus
when i was living across from the marina mall i watched late one night as they were concreting the ground floor slab of a new building and were hosing excess concrete strait into the water of the marina. They were at it for hours, hosing and brushing. There was a very obvious "clean bit" about 5 metres wide across the walkway in the morning.
idjits.......have u seen the Marina this morning, its disgusting....
Old May 15th 2009, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

mydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond repute

the guy's in the little vacuum cleaner boat will be along shortly though wont they?!
Old May 16th 2009, 4:41 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deemi786
Moved into the Dubai Marina area a few weeks ago and it's lurvely. Got to love the IRIS!

Anyway im shocked to see the workers working on the infinity building site sweep all the crap for the building site into the water.

I see this everyday and im getting rather flippin irate! The litter is getting worse and worse every day, anyone know who I can complain to?

And i dont mean the building workers as they most probably are told to do this by the knob jockeys who are in charge of the building site.
I would write to the National and see if they can help out, PM Meow.
Old May 16th 2009, 6:05 am
Remember

Desert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond repute

the guy's in the little vacuum cleaner boat will be along shortly though wont they?!
To scoop it up and dump it a little further out to sea.
Old May 16th 2009, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

yes saw him yesterday on a little raft doing exactly that, have no idea where he puts the stuff after wards...the Marina is now a dumping site for everyone alike, ive seen kids and grown ups throw their empty baskin robbin cups in after a good old brownie a la mode...
Old May 16th 2009, 11:26 am
Remember

Desert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond repute

..... a good old brownie a la mode...
Is that a euphemism for a pooh?
Old May 16th 2009, 4:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Desert Dweller
Is that a euphemism for a pooh?
you havent tried one then, one large chocolate fudge brownie at the bottom, 2 scoops of ice cream, the 1st "hazelnut dreams" and the other scoop 'mad about chocolate" topped with nuts and drizzled with hot chocolate fudge sauce...........
Old May 16th 2009, 6:37 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

you havent tried one then, one large chocolate fudge brownie at the bottom, 2 scoops of ice cream, the 1st "hazelnut dreams" and the other scoop 'mad about chocolate" topped with nuts and drizzled with hot chocolate fudge sauce...........
Ah, so it's a euphemism for a shit, then?