Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Marhaba service @ DXB

Marhaba service @ DXB

Old Feb 29th 2008, 6:54 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Marhaba service @ DXB

anyone ever used it? any good?

I'm thinking of booking the standard service for my old man when he comes through next week. Not that he has a problem with walking or anything, but just for the time saving at the passport queue.

Only I can't remember how long the queues generally are at 7-9 a.m. on a Friday...

also what actually is the 'standard' service? They don't meet you at the gate, I know, but I can't picture where they would meet you... is it downstairs just before you come up the stairs to passports?
Old Feb 29th 2008, 7:02 am
W10

Default Re: Marhaba service @ DXB

They meet you before the escalators to go to passport control, other than that. I've no idea.

But you're only saving yourself 15 mins. Is it worth it? Especially as you have to wait for your bags too.

Old Feb 29th 2008, 7:05 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
They meet you before the escalators to go to passport control, other than that. I've no idea.

But you're only saving yourself 15 mins. Is it worth it? Especially as you have to wait for your bags too.
true. that's why I'm dithering... on balance I probably won't bother.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 7:09 am
W10

I have e-gate card and when I've been on a long trip (as in I have luggage) I make it out of the airport at the same time as people who have been waiting in the queue.

Old Feb 29th 2008, 7:38 am

ScotsExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by W10
I have e-gate card and when I've been on a long trip (as in I have luggage) I make it out of the airport at the same time as people who have been waiting in the queue.
I have heard a few people mention e-card. What is it and how do you go about getting one??
Old Feb 29th 2008, 9:01 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

It's a smart-card-and-thumbprint system that's linked to you passport and residence permit and allows you to go through a special electronic barrier rather than queue up at an immigration desk when entering or leaving the country.

You can get one at the DNATA building on SZR, at the airport itself, and probably other places.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 9:07 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

We got the marhaba treatment on our first arrival and wizzed through immigration. We were well impressed. Since then I have always used an e-card and found the procedure even better. My advice is go for the marhaba this once.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by Eeyore
It's a smart-card-and-thumbprint system that's linked to you passport and residence permit and allows you to go through a special electronic barrier rather than queue up at an immigration desk when entering or leaving the country.

You can get one at the DNATA building on SZR, at the airport itself, and probably other places.
Thanks Eeyore.... The DNATA building is just down the road from me so Ill probably drop in next time I am heading into town..
Old Feb 29th 2008, 12:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
We got the marhaba treatment on our first arrival and wizzed through immigration. We were well impressed. Since then I have always used an e-card and found the procedure even better. My advice is go for the marhaba this once.
yeah, i agree...we always organise marhaba for first time visitors and they think it's great...

MM, xx
Old Feb 29th 2008, 1:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
same here, isnt it annoying
Old Feb 29th 2008, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
same here, isnt it annoying
Is it the case that you just spend the time you have saved using the e-card waiting on luggage??
Old Feb 29th 2008, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ScotsExpat
Is it the case that you just spend the time you have saved using the e-card waiting on luggage??
yea totally...Its great if you have hand luggage only...
Old Feb 29th 2008, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
yea totally...Its great if you have hand luggage only...
Well, either way, I won't get the chance before I head home this time, at work all day Sunday and then BA outta DXB 2am. Will see if I can come back with hand luggage only and, if so, might get one arranged...
Old Feb 29th 2008, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ScotsExpat
Well, either way, I won't get the chance before I head home this time, at work all day Sunday and then BA outta DXB 2am. Will see if I can come back with hand luggage only and, if so, might get one arranged...
it is better to have one.. When exiting you can use it at passport control and also, if you get through immigration quicker, whilst you are waiting for your luggage you could spend the time getting booze from the D/F..

Sometimes the luggage does come though quickly
Old Feb 29th 2008, 5:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond repute

E-Card saves your passport too, if you travel every week or more the immigration stamps soon fill up your pages and new British passports are not cheap.
On the subject of Marhaba service, especially for the first time visitor Dubai airport can be a little daunting especially if like your dad they have flown thru the night, the girls are friendly and helpful wizz their passengers thru immigration, help them with luggage and make sure they are collected by their family outside, we all remember how seeing those hundreds of people standing outside the doors at the airport was a little off putting to say the least. For the little it costs its peace of mind knowing your loved ones first impression of Dubai will be a decent one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.