Reload this Page >

Management Consultancy salaries

Management Consultancy salaries

Old Oct 3rd 2008, 4:45 pm
Just Joined

Jaffy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Management Consultancy salaries

hey

I'm wondering what's the pay for an entry-level job in consulting (McKinsey, Deloitte, BCG,...)... I'm graduating in May and just wanted to look at my options...

thanks a bunch,
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 5:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Management Consultancy salaries

Originally Posted by Jaffy
hey

I'm wondering what's the pay for an entry-level job in consulting (McKinsey, Deloitte, BCG,...)... I'm graduating in May and just wanted to look at my options...

thanks a bunch,
AED50,000 a month...
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 6:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

klaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud of

Not sure is equivalent... but an emerging market analyst in Dubai International Capital with an MBA is paid 35,000 dirhams per month (all included), plus health plan, plus annual ticket back home, plus bonus.

I think the previous figure of 50K is a little too high. However, you need something around that to have a real good life in Dubai.
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 6:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by klaus3974
Not sure is equivalent... but an emerging market analyst in Dubai International Capital with an MBA is paid 35,000 dirhams per month (all included), plus health plan, plus annual ticket back home, plus bonus.

I think the previous figure of 50K is a little too high. However, you need something around that to have a real good life in Dubai.
AED50K today has the same value as AED6K 3 months ago...
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 8:24 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

entry level, i wouldn't bother...the bells and whistles that are usually offered, usually won't be, so it won't be as much fun....
Old Oct 4th 2008, 5:45 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, you'd probably be looking at 20-30k for entry level... depending on the firm you'll be competing against lots of Lebanese people - the best educated Arabic speakers around here.

MBAs get more than 35k generally.
Old Oct 4th 2008, 5:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by typical
Yep, you'd probably be looking at 20-30k for entry level... depending on the firm you'll be competing against lots of Lebanese people - the best educated Arabic speakers around here.

MBAs get more than 35k generally.
Being Lebanese is practically equal to having an MBA...
Old Oct 4th 2008, 6:02 am
Just Joined

thanks everyone

...I'm planning on doing this for a couple of years and then get a better job somewhere else, we'll see how that goes

...and sounds to me like Lebanese are really over rated!

btw, I know here in the US you got to apply before the end of the year for a full time job in May, is that the case in UAE?
Old Oct 4th 2008, 6:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

thanks everyone

...I'm planning on doing this for a couple of years and then get a better job somewhere else, we'll see how that goes

btw, I know here in the US you got to apply before the end of the year for a full time job in May, is that the case in UAE?
Over here you apply and may even start on the next Sunday, depends on the employer's urgency...
And we are not overrated, we are overworked and underpaid...
Old Oct 4th 2008, 6:15 am
Just Joined

Which company do you work at...if you don't mind me asking
Old Oct 4th 2008, 6:22 am
BE Enthusiast

klaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud of

thanks everyone

Woow! Easy cowboy. Since you generalize so easily let me tell you that arrogant Americans are not always welcomed here. Lebanese are almost in all cases paid less than Western expatriates so I do not think they are over rated. Probably is us!
Old Oct 4th 2008, 6:36 am
Just Joined

well I didn't mean to sound arrogant...that wasn't my point

I was just surprised by equating an MBA to being Lebanese

...and isn't the pay equal for all nationalities of the same position level?!
Old Oct 4th 2008, 6:43 am
BE Enthusiast

well I didn't mean to sound arrogant...that wasn't my point

I was just surprised by equating an MBA to being Lebanese

...and isn't the pay equal for all nationalities of the same position level?!
No, unfortunately the payment and type of jobs depends very much on your nationality.

The Lebanese example was quite accurate. As Indians are accountants or managers. Maids are from Ehiopia, India, Sri Lanka, etc, etc.

In any case, if you decide to come here... do not just translate the salary from dirhams to US dollars. Life is very expensive here (rents are ridiculous)
Old Oct 4th 2008, 6:48 am
Just Joined

interesting...

btw, don't locals get the most?...I mean in consulting
Old Oct 4th 2008, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Locals do not like to work (in general). They are too rich to bother. Most of the Emirati work in the government. In the private sector you only see them in top positions.

Remember, Emirati are less than 10% of the population in Dubai.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.