Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Mall of the Emirates and Musical Fountain?

Mall of the Emirates and Musical Fountain?

Old Mar 7th 2008, 10:02 pm
Just Joined

Imdad is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Mall of the Emirates and Musical Fountain?

When I passed through Dubai a couple of years ago, I visited a mall and there was a musical fountain which we caught just as it was starting. Not having seen one before I was suitably impressed. When we visit in a few weeks (with family, but passing through again), I'd like to go and show the kids.

Can anyone confirm that it was indeed at the Mall of the Emirates and also what times it runs? We don't want to sit around waiting if it's every 2 hours or miss it for that matter....

Thanks!

Imdad
Old Mar 7th 2008, 11:24 pm
Family Guy

Barrie is just really niceBarrie is just really niceBarrie is just really niceBarrie is just really niceBarrie is just really niceBarrie is just really niceBarrie is just really niceBarrie is just really niceBarrie is just really niceBarrie is just really niceBarrie is just really nice
Default Re: Mall of the Emirates and Musical Fountain?

It is at the Mall of Emirates,but I can't confirm how often it happens.

I was there a few weeks back and seen the fountains, I highly recommend you visit it,as it is a fantastic show.

I have a video clip of it, which if you pass me your e-mail address I would be more than happy to fire you a copy over.

Cheers,

Barrie.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 2:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

it seems to be on pretty much all day...it certainly is every time i go there...

MM, xx
Old Mar 8th 2008, 4:43 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Imdad
When I passed through Dubai a couple of years ago, I visited a mall and there was a musical fountain which we caught just as it was starting. Not having seen one before I was suitably impressed. When we visit in a few weeks (with family, but passing through again), I'd like to go and show the kids.

Can anyone confirm that it was indeed at the Mall of the Emirates and also what times it runs? We don't want to sit around waiting if it's every 2 hours or miss it for that matter....

Thanks!

Imdad
depends on how long ago you were here...Mall of The Emirates isn't that old....
Old Mar 8th 2008, 6:24 am
Just Luvin it!!!

PuRe is an unknown quantity at this point

check their website it might beon there.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 10:09 am
Just Joined

Imdad is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Mall of the Emirates and Musical Fountain?

I was there May 2006. I've checked the website and can't find any mention of it - hence asking if I had the right place!

I agree Barrie, it was a very good show and I've got a video of it as well, but seeing it first hand is another thing.

We'll just go and ask at one of the information desks - I was hoping to plan the day a little better knowing what time we needed to be there. But if as you say Madam, it's on pretty much all the time, we'll be okay.

Thanks for all your replies!
Old Mar 8th 2008, 10:35 am
Just Luvin it!!!

PuRe is an unknown quantity at this point

The only thing I could get was it is on every hour.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 11:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

think its every 30 minutes
Old Mar 8th 2008, 2:26 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

They have a multicoloured musical fountain at Dubai Festival City too, just outside Marina Square...it was in full swing around 7.30pm the other night.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 6:46 pm
Just Joined

Desi Taffy is just really niceDesi Taffy is just really niceDesi Taffy is just really niceDesi Taffy is just really niceDesi Taffy is just really niceDesi Taffy is just really niceDesi Taffy is just really niceDesi Taffy is just really nice

Al Ain has one too, outdoors and in the town square where some restaurants have outdoor seating too.