British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Make up Courses (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/make-up-courses-616183/)

Blue Cat Jun 22nd 2009 10:58 am

Make up Courses

I am thinking about going back to 'school' to learn about make up etc, there is one course on down at Wafi. Does anyone know anywhere else that runs make up courses?

deemi786 Jun 22nd 2009 11:07 am

Re: Make up Courses

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7687688)
I am thinking about going back to 'school' to learn about make up etc, there is one course on down at Wafi. Does anyone know anywhere else that runs make up courses?

there was a program on Dubai one a few days ago, think the place was called elite acadamy or something , teaches you about make up, fashin blah blah blah.

Emerald_Eyes Jun 22nd 2009 11:15 am

Whatever you do make sure the class is based on international beauty - you wouldn't want to learn how to make someone look like a tranny, as most of the local make up techniques seems to do. Stay away from the dark purple eyeshadow and thick brown lipliners and beige lipstick - yuck! Or worse tattoo makeup!!

Blue Cat Jun 22nd 2009 11:42 am

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes (Post 7687745)
Whatever you do make sure the class is based on international beauty - you wouldn't want to learn how to make someone look like a tranny, as most of the local make up techniques seems to do. Stay away from the dark purple eyeshadow and thick brown lipliners and beige lipstick - yuck! Or worse tattoo makeup!!

I would imagine the one at Wafi is International? dark purple eyeshadow can be alluring on the right eye :p

Spugsy Jun 22nd 2009 11:52 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7687688)

I think Bangleman does them on weekends.

Spugsy Jun 22nd 2009 11:52 am

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes (Post 7687745)

That's you that is.

Blue Cat Jun 22nd 2009 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7687877)

:rofl:

lionheart Jun 22nd 2009 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7687877)

And my 5 year old daughter is pretty good at it too...especially on the cat.:)

Cham128 Jun 22nd 2009 12:32 pm

when you qualify, if you need any shots for a portfolio let me know