Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Maintenance / CSA / etc

Maintenance / CSA / etc

Old Apr 25th 2007, 8:19 am
W10

Default Re: Maintenance / CSA / etc

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
Poor wee thing, she doesnt deserve any of this, but severing all ties in not an option
This is the crux of the matter. They rely on the fact that (although we are bastards etc for living so far away) that we will never want to break contact.

Thankfully things are much calmer between me and my ex now and we now have a reasonably civil relationship, but it wasn't always like that. I remember travelling to the UK, phoning and being told I couldn't see my son.

You obviously then are left with two options beg or go home without seeing your child...those who say you should stand up to them don't always understand how much you are prepared to do just for a quieter life and to see your child. Women almost always have the upper hand, and most of them know what strings to pull.

Old Apr 25th 2007, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
This is the crux of the matter. They rely on the fact that (although we are bastards etc for living so far away) that we will never want to break contact.

Thankfully things are much calmer between me and my ex now and we now have a reasonably civil relationship, but it wasn't always like that. I remember travelling to the UK, phoning and being told I couldn't see my son.

You obviously then are left with two options beg or go home without seeing your child...those who say you should stand up to them don't always understand how much you are prepared to do just for a quieter life and to see your child. Women almost always have the upper hand, and most of them know what strings to pull.
Agree and sometimes as has happened, they are just wanting you to beg to give them the satisfaction and enjoyment of watching you beg, then they refuse to let you see your child anyway

My ex is a prime example of someone who knows that she has the one thing in life that i want also.

that is the cold facts and she uses the thing as a weapon against me and my family constantly.

the fact that the 'thing' is my beautiful little 5 year old that i (and all dads are the same, seperated or not) think about every single day.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 10:32 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter was the product of a couple of nights of fun when i was just a child (20).
Although i barely knew the mother when she discovered she was pregnant, i decided to do the right thing and stick by her. I bought a house and i gave it my best shot.

At the time JD Jnr was born, i had just turned 21, and the mother 19...still children ourselves in some respects. Things were hard, and we both had to change, adapt and get to know each other!!!

We lasted almost 4 years, but in the end, we were both not happy, and decided to call it a day. We had become better friends than lovers, and decided it would be best for the little one if we parted as friend instead of letting the situation deteriate.

Although I spent a large portion of the following years abroad, i always saw my daughter as often as i could and emailed/called on a daily basis.

Her mum eventually found another guy, nice enough guy, a builder by trade and offered the kind of stability that i could not.
I have to commend a guy that will take on a single mum, it says alot about him.
Being a consultant, i would often work a six month contract somewhere, then take six months off. I would try to time this over the summer holidays so i could spend weeks with my girl and go on holiday and catch up.

These days things are still great, I have a great friendship with the mother, I regard her as one of my best friends and can talk to her about anything.
My daughter i speak to most nights on MSN web-cam and we chat about our respective days.

Even though Im 3,700 mile away, it doesnt mean she is not always in my thoughts, and i pull out all the stops to maintain contact.
I saw her at the beginning of January and Feburary half term, and i flew out two weeks ago, then i'll see her again in June. after that will be autumn half term and then ill go back for Christmas.

There are some that say i must be having a great time out here in Dubai, and yes, some things are great, but to others who critisise, I get 33 days holiday a year, and every single one of those is booked out for my daughter for when she comes over..

personally.................. i wouldnt have it any other way..

JD
Old Apr 25th 2007, 10:46 am
W10

Quite - I've been to London 16 times in the past 2 years.

I can count the number of times I have been to a bar/club on the fingers of one hand.

All of my time and energy is put into seeing my son, that means early nights so I can be there at 6am when he wakes up.

Old Apr 25th 2007, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

I am very envious of you guys in that respect.

I really wish my ex would wise up and do what is right for my daughter, not what is right for her or what SHE perceives is right for her daughter
But one day it will happen for me

I am keeping the faith.

When you are in the right, things always have a habit of going full circle
Old Apr 25th 2007, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

We spend 6 weeks every summer with my dh's kids, and talk to them at least twice a week.
Sadly they can't come to visit, because their mum is a bit paranoid about the Middle East.

Since they are quite far away we can't visit more often which is a shame, but they understand and are looking forward to our summers together.

It's a shame if parents use their children for revenge, it is sooo wrong.
My son sees his father whenever his father has time to visit, he even stays in my husbands and my house for a few days at a time, so my son can spend as much time with him as possible.
Eventhough I don't think that much (obviously) of his father, i would NEVER utter a bad word about him in my sons presence.
After all, he is is Daddy!

Last edited by Alexa; Apr 25th 2007 at 10:59 am.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 12:40 pm
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Seems we are all in the same boat. I pay the ex 20 grand sterling a year for my 2 boys. Contact is nigh on impossible. I also have a step daughter for who I receive zero from her father.

Aint life a breeze

However, on the bright side is the clean break I negotiated ........ well worth it
Old Apr 25th 2007, 12:52 pm
Just Joined

Poisonous Tree Frog will become famous soon enoughPoisonous Tree Frog will become famous soon enough

Grief, well at least I'm not the only one in this predicament.

My little boy is 6, lives in Birmingham with his mother, even when I was in the UK, and paying royally for HER upkeep, not my son's it must be said, it was incredibly difficult to get to see him, I'd turn up, he'd be at his grandparents for example, it eventually ended up at the courts where I was given 2 supervised visits a week, one of 2 hours on a Wednesday evening and one of 4 hours on a weekend. It never happened.

So now in Dubai, I'm resigned to the fact that hopefully time will prove a great healer and I can get the access me and my little scrap want.

I'm convinced that it's pure vindictiveness btw.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 1:44 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
My daughter was the product of a couple of nights of fun when i was just a child (20).
Although i barely knew the mother when she discovered she was pregnant, i decided to do the right thing and stick by her. I bought a house and i gave it my best shot.

At the time JD Jnr was born, i had just turned 21, and the mother 19...still children ourselves in some respects. Things were hard, and we both had to change, adapt and get to know each other!!!

We lasted almost 4 years, but in the end, we were both not happy, and decided to call it a day. We had become better friends than lovers, and decided it would be best for the little one if we parted as friend instead of letting the situation deteriate.

Although I spent a large portion of the following years abroad, i always saw my daughter as often as i could and emailed/called on a daily basis.

Her mum eventually found another guy, nice enough guy, a builder by trade and offered the kind of stability that i could not.
I have to commend a guy that will take on a single mum, it says alot about him.
Being a consultant, i would often work a six month contract somewhere, then take six months off. I would try to time this over the summer holidays so i could spend weeks with my girl and go on holiday and catch up.

These days things are still great, I have a great friendship with the mother, I regard her as one of my best friends and can talk to her about anything.
My daughter i speak to most nights on MSN web-cam and we chat about our respective days.

Even though Im 3,700 mile away, it doesnt mean she is not always in my thoughts, and i pull out all the stops to maintain contact.
I saw her at the beginning of January and Feburary half term, and i flew out two weeks ago, then i'll see her again in June. after that will be autumn half term and then ill go back for Christmas.

There are some that say i must be having a great time out here in Dubai, and yes, some things are great, but to others who critisise, I get 33 days holiday a year, and every single one of those is booked out for my daughter for when she comes over..

personally.................. i wouldnt have it any other way..

JD

you are perfect JD , I am beginning to wonder if you are real !!!
Old Apr 25th 2007, 2:22 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
you are perfect JD , I am beginning to wonder if you are real !!!
Old Apr 25th 2007, 2:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

In the last year i have flown back to glasgow twice to see my Daughter. Both times pre-arranged. Went to ex's mothers house as arranged, nobody home.

The year previous i cut short a work trip to Singapore to fly to see her and they had left 2 days earlier to effin Tenerife. Nobody told me, i spent a week frantically trying to contact them. (nice people)

The best one of all is i flew back from Oz after working there, Was meant to pick her up at 12pm on the Sunday, 11:30am got a phonecall saying she was seriously unwell. Obviously i said i was on my way straight round to see her. but was told she is too unwell to see me (err it wasnt a social visit FFS) As i drove into her cul-de-sac, on this lovely summers day, there was a small smoke trail coming from the garden as a family barbeque was in full force.

Angry i confronted my ex who got her big brother to come to talk to me. After he was swiftly dispatched on his erse I thought i would go home pronto.

30 mins later Strathclydes finest came to my house and arrested me. My dad was at my house (ex policeman) who talked to the coppers.

I was interviewed by the police and they actually told me off record what answers to give. A was released without charge and warned off record not to fall into the trap of loosing my temper especially with court appearances looming.

I look back now and cant beleive the situation that we both found ourselves and still do to a lesser extent in.

BC you are right, i will have my day, already i record every phonecall i make, i record on webcams a weekly diary for my daughter, telling her what we are doing and that i am trying to call her and see her. I hope NEVER to have to show these to her, but if the brainwashing is soo bad that she hates me cause i never cared then i shall produce these.

Poor wee thing, she doesnt deserve any of this, but severing all ties in not an option

Your posts made me want to cry ( I am a real softie). I love my dd so much and I know how much it would kill me not to see her or speak to her at least. Do you at least get regular photos of her? I hope that your day comes sooner rather than later. Your poor wee girl is without her daddy because her mother is clearly selfish and unable to know what is best for her daughter. x
Old Apr 25th 2007, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

Besanji is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband pays through the CSA, really we should be re-assessed becuase he should be paying more, he pays about 280/mth. His ex has not requested a re-assessment, but we all have a good relationship and she knows she can ask and we will give.

Funny thing is, she only ever asks for money for school trips, we are always offering money to pay for school stuff and she never wants it, when she bought a house with her partner last year we offered to pay for my stepdaughter's new bedroom and they would not take it.

They all came out here on holiday not so long ago and stayed with us, we even argued over who paid for her when we went out (we won that argument).

We are very lucky, but it took time to get here, my husband went through a lot of pain at first, but both him and his ex can recognise what they did wrong at the start of their break up and it is water under the bridge now.

Don't lose hope, time is a great healer.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 5:29 pm
Just Joined

Rebel is just really niceRebel is just really niceRebel is just really niceRebel is just really niceRebel is just really niceRebel is just really niceRebel is just really niceRebel is just really nice

You men must keep trying, my husband (perhaps understandibly) gave up and time is not always the great healer. Its difficult for grown up children to renew contact with a parent that they have not seen since they were young even when they have been paying constantly. However, it helps if you have always tried and have proof. Continue to send letters and presents even if you don't get replies or thank yous.
Old Apr 26th 2007, 4:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lexylou
Your posts made me want to cry ( I am a real softie). I love my dd so much and I know how much it would kill me not to see her or speak to her at least. Do you at least get regular photos of her? I hope that your day comes sooner rather than later. Your poor wee girl is without her daddy because her mother is clearly selfish and unable to know what is best for her daughter. x
December 2005, last photo

Not a thank you card or letter for any of the birthday presents, xmas presents and numerous other gifts i have couriered over to her

Not that i care about that, i just hope that my wee girl has actually been given the gifts!!!

Still, i will have my day!!!
Old Apr 26th 2007, 5:54 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

December 2005, last photo

Not a thank you card or letter for any of the birthday presents, xmas presents and numerous other gifts i have couriered over to her

Not that i care about that, i just hope that my wee girl has actually been given the gifts!!!

Still, i will have my day!!!
Yes AA you will certainly have your day. It is just so sad that the children are the ones who suffer through all of this. We had a terrible time with the ex, when DH's father died suddenly whilst on holiday in the US we went back to Glasgow to try and sort things out. The ex rang DH's mum and said I wish it was your son who was dead not your husband. I cried for days. I got her on the phone and I can't repeat on here what I said. We think she has met someone else as we don't seem to have any hassle off her now.

GA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.