British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Maids and New Year Resolutions!!!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/maids-new-year-resolutions-275857/)

Jellybean Jan 7th 2005 4:14 am

Maids and New Year Resolutions!!!!!!

This is from the other site, thought it might be overlooked if not posted here. These maids were from Zulal 1, 2 and 3 in The Lakes.

"Just like to inform everyone that about six maids in our neighbourhood were arrested over the New Years period because they were caught prostituting out of their employers homes. While their bosses were out celebrating and they were supposed to be looking after the children (while being paid overtime)."

LakesLassie Jan 7th 2005 5:00 am

Re: Maids and New Year Resolutions!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Jellybean
This is from the other site, thought it might be overlooked if not posted here. These maids were from Zulal 1, 2 and 3 in The Lakes.

"Just like to inform everyone that about six maids in our neighbourhood were arrested over the New Years period because they were caught prostituting out of their employers homes. While their bosses were out celebrating and they were supposed to be looking after the children (while being paid overtime)."

Not mine! :D

Jellybean Jan 7th 2005 5:11 am

Originally Posted by LakesLassie
Not mine! :D

Good but it makes you wonder no??? :scared:

Malteser Jan 7th 2005 5:42 am

Originally Posted by Jellybean
Good but it makes you wonder no??? :scared:

Geeeeez I am worrying now, still cant make up my mind whether to get one or not. Have enough worries of my own, cant face maid probs as well.......
Been told that in Bahrain they r getting nepalise maids, who r v hardworking and apparently v v cheerful.......what do u girls think?? Does the nationality make a difference??

novita77 Jan 7th 2005 6:10 am

Originally Posted by Malteser
Geeeeez I am worrying now, still cant make up my mind whether to get one or not. Have enough worries of my own, cant face maid probs as well.......
Been told that in Bahrain they r getting nepalise maids, who r v hardworking and apparently v v cheerful.......what do u girls think?? Does the nationality make a difference??

Morning Malt!!! What r u doing today???

Regarding about maid ... i will say if u really need it just go ahead with it. And I will tell u not to give the maid a day off. NEVER !!! And when you going home ... make sure somebody checking ur maid now and again. Let the maid knows that her employer friends will visit her now and again. Is not about freedom or slavery ... but giving ur maid a day off only give the maid a chance to meet bad people out there.

And about nationalities !!! I will say Indonesian maid would be the best. Hehehe... of course I am biased. :D But if u getting somebody really from the village that never work before ... u will have a hard time to teach her operating house appliances in the house.

PS: R u free Sunday morning??? I am meeting up with some girlfriends at Bateel Cafe. Do u want to join us? Wayan working in that cafe ... so u can ask her to baby sit sophie ... hehe...

Jellybean Jan 7th 2005 6:13 am

And about nationalities !!! I will say Indonesian maid would be the best. Hehehe... of course I am biased. :D But if u getting somebody really from the village that never work before ... u will have a hard time to teach her operating house appliances in the house.

I agree with Novi LOL Indonesian maids are the best, they don't answer back for a start!!! I find that easier to treat them with respect because they do me. Great cooks too, best soto ayam, nasi goreng, satay hmmmm hungry now.

novita77 Jan 7th 2005 6:17 am

I agree with Novi LOL Indonesian maids are the best, they don't answer back for a start!!! I find that easier to treat them with respect because they do me. Great cooks too, best soto ayam, nasi goreng, satay hmmmm hungry now.[/QUOTE]

The only barrier... if u get somebody really come from remote village, they don't speak english that well. So u will hv communication problem.

Well... if Malt getting Indonesian maid I think I will ended up in her house explaining to the maid what MADAM MALTESER want to be doing !!! :D

I just found an Indonesian lady who do Indonesian cooking here JB. 20 durham for 3 dishes... but u have to pick up the food in her house. Her husband working as an operator in the same company with my hubby. It really great !!! Since I don't cook and I can find homemade cooking that suit my Indonesian taste palate. :D

Where is ur maid from now?

Jellybean Jan 7th 2005 7:03 am

Originally Posted by novita77
I agree with Novi LOL Indonesian maids are the best, they don't answer back for a start!!! I find that easier to treat them with respect because they do me. Great cooks too, best soto ayam, nasi goreng, satay hmmmm hungry now.

The only barrier... if u get somebody really come from remote village, they don't speak english that well. So u will hv communication problem.

Well... if Malt getting Indonesian maid I think I will ended up in her house explaining to the maid what MADAM MALTESER want to be doing !!! :D

I just found an Indonesian lady who do Indonesian cooking here JB. 20 durham for 3 dishes... but u have to pick up the food in her house. Her husband working as an operator in the same company with my hubby. It really great !!! Since I don't cook and I can find homemade cooking that suit my Indonesian taste palate. :D

Where is ur maid from now?[/QUOTE]

My maid is from manila, she is great, still sorting ourselves out but she works very hard. Unfortunately only cooks breakfast at the moment but is very willing. we wanted to bring one of our maids from Jakarta with us but she had a young family. She said in the end that she would have some anyway, she was a darlin'.

Communicating isn't so bad I just found the lack of education a slight problem especially if they cannot read or write....still we got by and she learnt a lot!!! I miss her a lot, she was a bit of a sounding board to...reverse rolls LOL.

OMG what I wud do for some indo food right now :(

novita77 Jan 7th 2005 7:10 am

]

Just wondering how big indonesian community in Dubai? :D

Too bad I can't cook:D ... if u can find any indonesian shop normally they have ready made spices for nasi goreng or others dishes.

My maid is from manila, she is great, still sorting ourselves out but she works very hard. Unfortunately only cooks breakfast at the moment but is very willing. we wanted to bring one of our maids from Jakarta with us but she had a young family. She said in the end that she would have some anyway, she was a darlin'.

Communicating isn't so bad I just found the lack of education a slight problem especially if they cannot read or write....still we got by and she learnt a lot!!! I miss her a lot, she was a bit of a sounding board to...reverse rolls LOL.

OMG what I wud do for some indo food right now :(