British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Maids----Luxury or neccesity ??? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/maids-luxury-neccesity-274635/)

Jammy_Dodgers Jan 2nd 2005 8:20 am

Maids----Luxury or neccesity ???

Let keep all the maid BS in here, its a topic that keeps coming up so vent in here.
Everyone has their own view on this, so post it here and then we can all agree to disagree.....or at least be aware of everyones view.

there is no right or wrong......only difference of opinions.

:D :D :D

novita77 Jan 2nd 2005 8:31 am

Re: Maids----Luxury or neccesity ???

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Let keep all the maid BS in here, its a topic that keeps coming up so vent in here.
Everyone has their own view on this, so post it here and then we can all agree to disagree.....or at least be aware of everyones view.

Luxury for us. Can do without one for 5,5 years... :D

Truth Speak Jan 2nd 2005 8:32 am

Depends how pretty they r

Heart of gold Jan 2nd 2005 8:36 am

I personally feel its a luxury! Many woman including me were raised to do things them selves, thats normal living!
Cooking the eveing meal, keeping up with laundry,ironing, and the gardening, why should anyone else do it when we use to do it ourselves.
I see so many woman out there that dont even push the shopping trolley... Is this so they dont break thier nails?
I am a wife and mother and my hubby works hard, he is lucky that I have never had expensive tastes, so to me its not normal to regulary spend on nails and hair and such like.
My home does get dirty regulary and anyone who came round now who is used to a spot less home would be mortified, my home is lived in, my two year old running round dropping things and buscuit crumbs on the floor ... So what I can tidy up later.
The mear thought of leaving my son with anyone other than with his parents ( Or a trusted friend ) leaves me cold! Whats the point of having a dog and barking yourself.
Its not a life I'm accustomed to and do not agree,why pay someone when you can do it yourself and feel the satisfaction of a job well done!!:)

novita77 Jan 2nd 2005 8:39 am

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
Depends how pretty they r

Do u hv any TS?

Malteser Jan 2nd 2005 8:40 am

Originally Posted by novita77
Do u hv any TS?

Ooopppssss I wrote a huge one on the other thread..................

novita77 Jan 2nd 2005 8:41 am

Originally Posted by Malteser
JD I have no time for myself whatsoever. I cannot meet friends cos my little one gets bored and wants to run around. I cannot go shopping cos she does not like staying in her buggy and the others dont like shopping. I slave around them like crazy, I want this, I want that. I am hungry, I am thirsty. Try cleaning up their rooms. Help them with their homework. Struggle to have them bathed and ready for bed by 8pm and up again to help them prepare for school at 6am. Take care of them when they are sick and up half the night. Besides all this theres the cooking, the cleaning, the ironing, the grocery shopping (u know i go to the supermarket every two days cos theres no milk or no cereal or they desperately need to have this and that) and of course the driving around to take them here and pick them there. In all this I try to find time to make an effort and look good for hubby and pamper him a little but poor thing I rarely have time alone with him cos I am usually dead beat by the end of the day. Well if I had a maid I would probably have more time for the kids and most of all my hubby, with whom I still love to spend time with like it was our first date. Besdies I would never slave a maid but will probably give her a much better life than she is used to back at home. I think it all depends on yr background. My family was never rich, my mum used to sew our clothes to have extra money. I was taught to respect everyone no matter where they come from and what colour skin they have. I think if I had a mad I can lead a much better life and not to attend health clubs or nail salons but to spend more quality time with my children and most of all my hubby and why not take care of myself a bit more. And not only that but the miad would do well as well cos we will probably love her like one of us.

But thats just my opinion and I havent got a maid yet hehe......

Malt ... i hv moved it here.

For u, maid is necessity ... with 3 kids to run around. And u hv to drag the little one for school run and taking Mr.Malt to work. I know how u feel ... i only got Sam ... and it is a killer taking him shopping. Probably boy always hate shopping.

Looks like I hv no luck putting Sam for a nap ... :( Too excited knowing he going to see ur kids.

Jammy_Dodgers Jan 2nd 2005 8:41 am

Do u hv any TS?

Well i have a lady that comes round a few times a week to clean, but thats it.

Have never seen her, dont know her name.....good job really because you should see the state of my bedroom !!!

Truth Speak Jan 2nd 2005 8:43 am

Have never seen her, dont know her name.....good job really because you should see the state of my bedroom after i've had the birds back for a wild night on the latex!!!

Good job u editted that quickly JD...... but not quick enough

Heart of gold Jan 2nd 2005 8:44 am

Originally Posted by Malteser
Ooopppssss I wrote a huge one on the other thread..................

Malt... I cant find that thread, but having read in this one... thats what being a wife and mother is all about! My son goes where I do, and at the end of the day I love being around my kids.

Heart of gold Jan 2nd 2005 8:46 am

Malt ... i hv moved it here.

For u, maid is necessity ... with 3 kids to run around. And u hv to drag the little one for school run and taking Mr.Malt to work. I know how u feel ... i only got Sam ... and it is a killer taking him shopping. Probably boy always hate shopping.

Looks like I hv no luck putting Sam for a nap ... :( Too excited knowing he going to see ur kids.

My two year old is always up early, so taking him with me when I run my hubby to work and my eldest to school is not a problem.
Im always running around after my two kids.

Jammy_Dodgers Jan 2nd 2005 8:47 am

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
Good job u editted that quickly JD...... but not quick enough

TS, you truely are a bastard :D :D

Truth Speak Jan 2nd 2005 8:47 am

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
My two year old is always up early, so taking him with me when I run my hubby to work and my eldest to school is not a problem.
Im always running around after my two kids.

You should try 4 then!!!!!

novita77 Jan 2nd 2005 8:48 am

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
Malt... I cant find that thread, but having read in this one... thats what being a wife and mother is all about! My son goes where I do, and at the end of the day I love being around my kids.

Heart ... knows what u mean ... But sometimes it is nice to spend time for ur self doing a cloth shopping. But it would never happen with a little one coming along with u. My son hate shopping.Can't take to the mall more than 1 hrs.

He is off school for nearly 2 weeks, look forward he goes back to his nursery ... i can spend time doing things without him tagging along. :)

Heart of gold Jan 2nd 2005 8:48 am

Have never seen her, dont know her name.....good job really because you should see the state of my bedroom !!!

Hehehehe I have and its clean, spotless and the bed waas made!!!