Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Maids in Abu Dhabi - How to look for ?

Maids in Abu Dhabi - How to look for ?

Old Jun 9th 2014, 5:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Maids in Abu Dhabi - How to look for ?

In an attempt to answer the question for the asshole, I will say...

20-25 AED / hour is the rate for an illegal one who is working on the wrong visa
40-45 AED/hour is for an agency maid.

Put an advert in the local shop's notice board and you'll get plenty of (mostly) illegal offers. Or ask the neighbors maid for some part-time work, or if she knows of anyone.

It would seem that procuring a maid is a little harder than brain surgery, but not as challenging as rocket science.

Last edited by Millhouse; Jun 9th 2014 at 6:45 am.
Old Jun 9th 2014, 7:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse

20-25 AED / hour is the rate for an illegal one who is working on the wrong visa

Put an advert in the local shop's notice board and you'll get plenty of (mostly) illegal offers. Or ask the neighbors maid for some part-time work, or if she knows of anyone.

It would seem that procuring a maid is a little harder than brain surgery, but not as challenging as rocket science.
but of course, not mentioning that if you do not sponsor or use an agency you are liable for a very very big fine, deportation, court, etc etc.... and they have just changed the sponsorship charges and so will be cracking down again, as we are coming up to ramadan time too!
Old Jun 9th 2014, 7:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
but of course, not mentioning that if you do not sponsor or use an agency you are liable for a very very big fine, deportation, court, etc etc.... and they have just changed the sponsorship charges and so will be cracking down again, as we are coming up to ramadan time too!
oh yes, that slipped my mind.
Old Jun 9th 2014, 7:58 am
N/A

Dumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond repute

Kamikami - Just look for the down trodden and sad looking lady in shopping centres or supermarkets, walking about 5 metres behind her 'family'. Usually they will be wearing some kind of uniform and will be looking after 2 or 3 children while the parent(s) are walking around in their own little world.

Still they have a better life here than at home
Old Jun 9th 2014, 8:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

and when it goes to court you have to give up your passport until its sorted..... so how about 6 months or so without it... what happened if there was an emergency etc etc and you needed it back, NOPE, so is it worth it!???
Old Jun 9th 2014, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

kamikami is an unknown quantity at this point

Initially I thought I should ignore this message by a Muppet like you but then I thought someone on this forum needs to fix some loose dickheads and douchebags.

The problem with punaanies like you is that you don't learn any manners anywhere you go....

It makes me laugh when losers like you troll on these forums to seek some attentions cause in the real world on UAE roads not even your grandpa has the balls to do any indecent act or swear....

So instead of swearing at random people on such forums ....go back to the hole from where you came and learn some manners...

About my manners - I don't have them for thrash like you and busybee....
Old Jun 9th 2014, 9:37 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

OK, time to bring this thread to a close.

Boing said Zeebedee!