the Madinat

Old Oct 20th 2004, 5:57 pm
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute
Default the Madinat

All credit for Faces recommendation - visitted the Madinat with 'her indoors' last night as a peace offering - she checked out the forum whilst i was in the shower and was a might displeased.

the Madinat is amazing - gotta say - thanks face - still can't karma u though
Old Oct 20th 2004, 7:19 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: the Madinat

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
All credit for Faces recommendation - visitted the Madinat with 'her indoors' last night as a peace offering - she checked out the forum whilst i was in the shower and was a might displeased.

No probs m8.......atleast Mrs. TS liked the place.........the souk section is my fave bit.....i actually got lost and when i needed the loo, i cudnt find it!

LOL......No its a gr8 alternative to getting down to deira to experience the real thing.........though that is an experience itself.

Madinat rules! love the teak wood beams they have up there and the winding alleys are an excellent touch aswell.

these pics will add some perspective:

Enjoy!
Old Oct 20th 2004, 7:35 pm
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Face81]No probs m8.......atleast Mrs. TS liked the place.........the souk section is my fave bit.....i actually got lost and when i needed the loo, i cudnt find it!

we also got lost - several times - only found the map on the way out when we knew where we were,

She loved the shops and we did't escape without her purchasing a few items

Old Oct 20th 2004, 7:39 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

That the sail hotel? ain't been, but supposed to be awesome...
Old Oct 20th 2004, 7:45 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=Truth Speak]
Originally Posted by Face81
we also got lost - several times - only found the map on the way out when we knew where we were,

She loved the shops and we did't escape without her purchasing a few items

gr8 shops.......bough a few postcards myself.....love the smiling camels to send to m8's around the world.......gives the perfect impression of wot dubai is like!
Old Oct 20th 2004, 7:46 pm
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Bob
No - that's just down the coast - the madinat is an authentic souk - just been built - Face has some good pics - i'll ask him to post them

If you ever come over - its amust visit

Old Oct 20th 2004, 7:50 pm
Premium Member

No - that's just down the coast - the madinat is an authentic souk - just been built - Face has some good pics - i'll ask him to post them

Confsed and blind - the pics are up above
Old Oct 20th 2004, 7:54 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by Bob
here is a pic of the Burj Al Arab taken just when the fog was starting to clear:

Its the Sydney Opera House equivalent for Dubai!
Old Oct 20th 2004, 7:57 pm
Premium Member

here is a pic of the Burj Al Arab taken just when the fog was starting to clear:

thanks Face
Old Oct 20th 2004, 8:56 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds pretty cool...so that basically like a market place? I think i get teh gist *l*
Old Oct 20th 2004, 8:58 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

take ya word for it...but the pic wouldn't come up...remote linking and all taht...
Old Oct 20th 2004, 11:15 pm
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

hmm so what did u do to upset her then!!! ? u say peace offering but what did u do..... come on.. sense juicy gossip coming on....
Old Oct 21st 2004, 4:23 am
Forum Regular

Nevi is an unknown quantity at this point

The Meat Co in the Madinat souk is definitely worth a visit. It's a South African restaurant. If you are a meat eater you will love it. If you don't eat steak they have a few fish/game dishes.
Also, if you need to make up ground for something, I reckon an ideal spot is the Thai Bistro at the Dubai Marine...
Just my two penneth...
Old Oct 21st 2004, 4:51 am
Premium Member

Originally Posted by joseph.creative
hmm so what did u do to upset her then!!! ? u say peace offering but what did u do..... come on.. sense juicy gossip coming on....
Oh no - i' not goimg down there :scared:
Old Oct 21st 2004, 4:52 am
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Nevi
The Meat Co in the Madinat souk is definitely worth a visit. It's a South African restaurant. If you are a meat eater you will love it. If you don't eat steak they have a few fish/game dishes.
Also, if you need to make up ground for something, I reckon an ideal spot is the Thai Bistro at the Dubai Marine...
Just my two penneth...
had a look at the meat co the other night - packed it was - but looked good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.