British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Macbook Pro Expert/Nerd (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/macbook-pro-expert-nerd-878314/)

mission Jun 2nd 2016 6:16 am

Macbook Pro Expert/Nerd

Dear All

If anyone knows of a good Apple expert/nerd (someone who knows the Macbook Pro very well) could you please pass their contact details onto me.

They should be willing to come to my apartment to help me sort out my issues. I will of course pay by the hour

And before anyone suggest i go to Apple i have already done that - this requires someone who knows 'back door' ways/software to transfer data from the iPhone to the Mac

Thanks

nottmbantam Jun 2nd 2016 10:21 am

Re: Macbook Pro Expert/Nerd

Have you tried the Apple Communities Discussion pages? Lots of useful stuff there.

You can put your iPhone into disk mode and then tranfser the data across that way, I imagine?

mission Jun 2nd 2016 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by nottmbantam (Post 11962721)
Have you tried the Apple Communities Discussion pages? Lots of useful stuff there.

You can put your iPhone into disk mode and then tranfser the data across that way, I imagine?

Thanks NOTTM, but to be honest IT is not one of my strong points and so I would much prefer someone came over and looked at what I need doing.

Basically I had a new battery put in and when they updated the OS it wiped out my playlist from iTunes (I have all the songs - approx a 1000 songs).

The playlists are there on my iphone and Apple have confirmed you cannot synch your iphone to the Mac, but did tell me there is a 'back door' of doing it - basically there is a software which can be downloaded and then the music on your iphone can be synched to your mac.

I'm trying at all costs to avoid having to recreate my playlists from scratch :eek: - that will mean sorting out 1,000 songs :eek:

hence the help of someone who knows their stuff

nottmbantam Jun 2nd 2016 1:23 pm

There's an app called Senuti ( iTunes spelt backwards ) which will sync the music from your phone back to you Mac. Not sure how much it cost these days. used to be free back in the day...

calman014 Jun 2nd 2016 1:30 pm

Send me a PM and tell me what you have done so far..

nottmbantam Jun 2nd 2016 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by calman014 (Post 11962895)

Well, I got up around 7.30 am. After shower and breakfast, I drove to work and arrived pretty much , right on time. A fruitful morning meant I managed to clear off the outstanding items from a heavy payroll meeting yesterday. Lunch was ok, and the afternoon was spent posting a couple of messages on here and general administration. I left work and drove home.

mission Jun 4th 2016 5:27 am

Originally Posted by nottmbantam (Post 11962886)
There's an app called Senuti ( iTunes spelt backwards ) which will sync the music from your phone back to you Mac. Not sure how much it cost these days. used to be free back in the day...

Thanks NOTTM, i'll look into that.....one of my mates told me about a software called 'tunesgo' which once downloaded and installed should also transfer my music from my iphone to my itunes on my mac.

mission Jun 4th 2016 5:28 am

Originally Posted by nottmbantam (Post 11963035)
Well, I got up around 7.30 am. After shower and breakfast, I drove to work and arrived pretty much , right on time. A fruitful morning meant I managed to clear off the outstanding items from a heavy payroll meeting yesterday. Lunch was ok, and the afternoon was spent posting a couple of messages on here and general administration. I left work and drove home.

:rofl:

mission Jun 4th 2016 5:29 am

Originally Posted by calman014 (Post 11962895)

Thanks CALMAN - will do, if the software 'tunesgo' or the one NOTTM mentioned senuti doesn't work

Standanista Jun 4th 2016 9:11 am

The technician bloke at this place is good - has sorted out my MacBook Air a couple of times:

GRAPHICS TECHNOLOGY COMPUTER MAINTENANCE, Dubai, iPhone, iPad Apple Authorized Service Center in United Arab Emirates

It's in Deira opposite DCC, not by the Burj K like the map says.

mission Jun 5th 2016 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by Standanista (Post 11964629)
The technician bloke at this place is good - has sorted out my MacBook Air a couple of times:

GRAPHICS TECHNOLOGY COMPUTER MAINTENANCE, Dubai, iPhone, iPad Apple Authorized Service Center in United Arab Emirates

It's in Deira opposite DCC, not by the Burj K like the map says.

Thanks STAND, just rang them, they can't help me :(

Standanista Jun 5th 2016 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by mission (Post 11965373)
Thanks STAND, just rang them, they can't help me :(

:(

In that case, nottmbantam's suggestion of Senuti sounds the trick. I used to have it on my old machine, it's good, I must dig out the licence and reinstall it.

Standanista Jun 5th 2016 4:08 pm

Update: I just reinstalled Senuti on here. You get a free trial for 30 days/1000 songs, then if you like it, you pay a one-off subscription (US$18.99) and they send you a product key.

http://www.fadingred.com/senuti/

Millhouse Jun 6th 2016 11:43 am

Ah Mission, a chance to come to your place under the disguise of fixing your computer has almost got me buying a dummy's guide to Macs.

mission Jun 7th 2016 1:31 pm

crises avoided......found a company called GEEKS in JLT....although they initially said they couldn't do it.....however when i showed them the software 'tunesgo'....they managed to do it....i would highly recommend this company.