Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Lunch during Ramadan

Lunch during Ramadan

Old Jul 21st 2013, 5:07 am
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Lunch during Ramadan

Whats the scoop on the Lime Tree in Al Quoz. Big sign on the door says the government has closed them?

Was open on Tuesday all day but closed Friday and Sat and looks like it has been closed down.

Also seems they are closing many more places. Shakespears in Safa and Ranches are closed this year unlike past years.

Thank someone for DIFC
Old Jul 21st 2013, 10:00 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartans53
Whats the scoop on the Lime Tree in Al Quoz. Big sign on the door says the government has closed them?

Was open on Tuesday all day but closed Friday and Sat and looks like it has been closed down.

Also seems they are closing many more places. Shakespears in Safa and Ranches are closed this year unlike past years.

Thank someone for DIFC

Word is they failed to get a proper licence.

I can't understand why places don't apply properly to the Municipality and in good time. I understand the cost of a licence has fallen this year too.

Many venues close for the month for refurbs and ask their staff to take their holidays (somewhat illegally) during Ramadan.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 11:22 am
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light

last year or the one before they only had a take away licence but they said to us we cant stop you eating it at the tables if you grab a take away? seems they have come unstuck
Old Jul 21st 2013, 12:38 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

No idea what is going on as they initially confirmed they had licences, I am wondering if there was complaints from locals and hence the licences were revoked?
Old Jul 21st 2013, 2:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

How will we all cope without our Lime Tree Cafe sliders and carrot cake?
Old Jul 21st 2013, 2:22 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
How will we all cope without our Lime Tree Cafe sliders and carrot cake?
very easily ...
Old Jul 26th 2013, 4:34 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
http://www.therealgeordiearmani.com/...uring-ramadan/

added a few more finds on, more places in JLT if anyone is interested
what's the Dubai Mall choices? Kids are zania-ing today. I'll be sat outside
Old Jul 26th 2013, 6:23 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by saudiflares
what's the Dubai Mall choices? Kids are zania-ing today. I'll be sat outside
zero I am afraid, few places open for take-away and that's it, do they not want to go to Wild Wadi instead? everything open in there and I am going later, I can sign you in for 150 dhs, DM me if you are interested
Old Jul 26th 2013, 12:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that BC, Just saw your thread today and was happy to see that the german Kebab place at JLT was open. even managed to get there before the chaos that the mosque at that Cluster causes.
Old Jul 26th 2013, 4:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

zero I am afraid, few places open for take-away and that's it, do they not want to go to Wild Wadi instead? everything open in there and I am going later, I can sign you in for 150 dhs, DM me if you are interested
Very kind

I fasted. Kids and wife ate what they cooked in the fast food kidzania station.

Off to Yas water world tomorrow which also has food and drink served all day
Old Jul 26th 2013, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond repute

Address in Dubai Mall, coffee and pastries were available all day. Kepinski at the MOE had 2 restaurants open and food in the lobby (behind a curtain) all day. Another restaurant in the same area, salmon? Was open for business.
Old Jul 27th 2013, 1:59 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pongo
Address in Dubai Mall, coffee and pastries were available all day. Kepinski at the MOE had 2 restaurants open and food in the lobby (behind a curtain) all day. Another restaurant in the same area, salmon? Was open for business.
Oooof dont mention the kepinski on here. Strike you down
Old Jul 27th 2013, 6:36 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
Thanks for that BC, Just saw your thread today and was happy to see that the german Kebab place at JLT was open. even managed to get there before the chaos that the mosque at that Cluster causes.
what was it like? as good as Kebab Shop?

Very kind

I fasted. Kids and wife ate what they cooked in the fast food kidzania station.

Off to Yas water world tomorrow which also has food and drink served all day
not bothering with Yas as I have membership for WW now

Originally Posted by Pongo
Salmontini

Originally Posted by commander
Oooof dont mention the kepinski on here. Strike you down
with good reason though!
Old Jul 27th 2013, 4:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

not bothering with Yas as I have membership for WW now
our lot have year membership at yas. 1000dh ea. today was 4th visit so next will be in credit...i think they are going tomorrow too. brilliant waterpark
Old Jul 28th 2013, 5:37 am
Concierge

our lot have year membership at yas. 1000dh ea. today was 4th visit so next will be in credit...i think they are going tomorrow too. brilliant waterpark
we were at Wild Wadi yesterday, had a brilliant time

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.